AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad violating policy despite numerous complaints

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There is a company that is using 4 different sites on a highly competitive industry, budgets can be as much as £500 per day. The company has 4 different ltd companies but with the same ownership details, i have complained several times through the reporting method with clear evidence of the violation.

This is costing businesses thousands of pounds each week as they are trying to push up the PPC and gaining an unfair advantage.

What can be done? this is not fair, not right and Google should act fairly.

Can we take legal action?
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad violating policy despite numerous complaints

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rob,

This is a case with all 4 websites with different domains. And I think this is not a violation as one can promote as many businesses but the domain must be different.
Even the address could be similar(same street same tower and same floor)just change of company name. so, I suppose Google allow this.
Though double serving is a policy violation.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Rob,

Are you talking about all portal offering same business or service in same target market. If this is the case, then It is clear cut double serving or gain of Unfair Advantage.
Pinging to Policy experts TC on this. @MosheTLV

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yeah sorry mate seems to be that you can get away with having many businesses bidding and stacking the results as long as they have different domains. It happens a lot in AdW and it happens a lot in SEO also.  It's not a lot different to the major food co's taking up all the shelf space in the supermarket with variations of brands for different positioning.

But if someone is competing with four brands that is not really any different to their just being 4 more competitors in the market and in most markets there are way more competitors that there are seo slots on page 1 or ad impressions to go around for good keywords.

The way to beat a stacker is the same as the way you win in a competitive market with tonnes of competitors who are all different.
find the opportunities, the times of day or days of week or medium to long tail keywords that are less targeted - they cannot usually swamp everything all day every day for every word.
plus stackers usually have the same people running all the campaigns so there will be holes in what they are doing that are similar.

yes maybe check if they are cheating but really you need to focus on getting your adwords up to optimum effectiveness so that you can get the clicks you need for your business rather than worrying about what the others may be doing.

if your campaigns are not profitable focus on your structure and setup and quality score and timing and if you cannot bid enough to get some wins after doing that then you may have to look at your acceptable CPA and what the costs are in your business so that you too can have a higher margin so you too can afford a higher CPA and bid higher.

I hope that helps.

-------------------------

If you liked my answer best please 'mark as best answer' if I was helpful but not the best please 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply.