AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad under review for almost two weeks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My ad has been under review for almost two weeks.  Could somebody please tell me what's going on?

Re: Ad under review for almost two weeks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is insane.  From 2005 to 2007, I had more than a dozen campaigns going at various times.  There was never a problem.  Now I'm at the point where I feel that I have to start throwing expletives around. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Is this text or image ads?

Image ads get reviewed manually. Text ads are first reviewed automatically and usually approved immediately, unless the system finds something it feels should be reviewed by a human.

The time to review ads depends on how many ads are in the queue and the number of reviewers available. This of course changes all the time. Typically however, a text ad is reviewed within a business day or two. Image ads within five business days but I've seen longer on both types.

It is important not to make changes to the ad in the belief that it will "wake someone up". This will only put your ad at the end of the queue since it will in effect be a new ad.

Occasionally, an ad seems to "get lost in the cracks" and not be reviewed for weeks. It may simply be that the reviewer forgot to "check a box". This has not happened to me in a a couple years however and I write many ads each week as I manage many accounts, so their system has improved. When this happened, I simply contacted Google when a text ad was not reviewed three days after creating it and seven days for image ads. Each time I did this, the issue was resolved within 24 hours. Best to be nice about it and not use expletives. Simply send a gentle reminder.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, it's mainly images, but there's much more text in there than the site that I had no problems with back about 5 years ago.

I'll phone them (politely) and see if I can find out what's going on. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The phone call worked (unlike the previous two e-mails).  I found out that even though my campaign notes specifically said that my ad was still "under review", when I talked to the rep on the phone, I found out that my ad wasn't under review, and that the only issue was that my credit card expiry date had changed since my previous campaign about 5 years ago.  But there were no notes on my campaign to let me know that. (shakes head in bewilderment). 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Glad to hear that the problem has been resolved and I had a small part in helping. Lesson to all of us: check the billing information and update it before doing anything else.