AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad's suspended for violating Google policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client has had their ad's suspended as apparently they are violating the 'Sale of free items and Official services'

They have made all the necessary changes and as far as we can see from Googles information we actually comply however after review we just get the generic answer that there is still a violation however no one will explain what it is in order for us to understand and rectify.

Can anyone shed any light on the best approach for another review or to appeal?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad's suspended for violating Google policy

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
hey Jeremy,

I'm not totally sure but may be your client included some kind of charges such as consultant etc...Google doesn't allow the promotion of sites that charge for products or services that are otherwise available for free.

Hope this might help you out.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Please share your website URL
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jeremy,

Have you tried calling rather emailing support? You can find the number for your country here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067?hl=en

In my experience, AdWords phone support is much, much more helpful than email for situations like these. Hope that's helpful.

Or, as Moshe indicates, post your URL and we can try to help you understand what might still be violating policy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your replies.

We have been through adwords support on several occasions however they cannot give us any further details, they just state that they will follow up with our requests. We just keep receiving a reply from Google (India office) after review that the policy team have suspended the ad's but they will not expand on any of the points so as mentioned before we can then understand and amend which is very frustrating.

My client has now filed an appeal as they have staff sitting waiting and they are not sure if they have a core business anymore and need to progress so hopefuly some light will be shed through this route.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
As requested, Please share the website URL
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’