AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I keep getting told my add is not being allowed to run but when I ask why I just get sent links that take be to complicated policies of which I don't see the relevance to my add. Can someone give the top 5 key rules when writting an add. What do need to look out for as an affiliate of products. Eg clickbank
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad not working

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Darren,

Any affiliate web page violates the Bridge Page policy. If you do this your site will be banned in AdWords and your account will be at risk.

if you try to promote a website whose sole purpose is to send people away to Amazon and complete a purchase there, then, indeed, you're violating the bridge page policy.

We already had lots of discussion on this in the past. Check this thread in full for details.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/How-to-properly-do-affiliate-marketing-wi...

Hope this Helps.
- Prashanth Reniguntala

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Prashanth, you copied a previous answer that I had given to the letter. The only exception is the phrase from the middle of your answer which you copied from another user - AdWiser. All is from this thread:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/can-i-do-adword-campaign-for-amazon-affil...

Does this seems right to you?

It looks like you are in a big hurry to acquire stars and Accepted Answers. This is against the spirit of the community. Instead of copying someone just refer the OP to the original thread. Or use your own mind to make up answers.

Best regards,
Razvan Mihaiu

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Razvan M ;

Thank you for drawing attention to this.

@Prashanth Joel ; Please make sure that  your answers are original and the content is yours.

Quoting other users is fine.,as long as you give  credit to the author.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you Moshe.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes point taken but then how are there so many ads like these on Google which send people to other sites to advertise a product. I've seen my ad on Google recently on 2 occasions.
Secondly why is PPC a highly recommended way to carry out Internet marketing and why do people sy they make millions of ponds with affiliate marketing.
Finally I would like to say how some of the posts are so clear but it's just a shame Adwords can not be just as clear.
What do you recommend as a new beginner I should be doing. I use clickbank which gives out all these hop links so how are you supposed to use them.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Darren,

If you find ads or websites that don't seem to comply with the policies, you can use the following link to report them:

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507?rd=1

"Secondly why is PPC a highly recommended way to carry out Internet marketing and why do people sy they make millions of ponds with affiliate marketing."

This forum is about AdWords support, not about teaching you how to make money online.

"What do you recommend as a new beginner I should be doing. I use clickbank which gives out all these hop links so how are you supposed to use them."

You've just been told that AdWords does not support the affiliation business model. That means that you are not supposed to use ClickBank with AdWords. Using ClickBank with other advertising networks is outside the scope of this community.

My advice to you, is to take a deep breath and stop what you doing now with AdWords. Read & understand all the policies. This is my recommendation for you because I have seen lots of threads in these forums where the subject was around these lines:

"A few years ago when I was new in advertising I did a stupid mistake.... Now I have a solid product and I want to advertise with AdWords. Please let me in."

Guess what? 99% are not accepted back into the AdWords network. I guess you don't want to come back in a few years with a similar story.

AdWords is *not* a fast money making system. You need to have a real business to use it and you need to obey a lot of policies related to advertising. Let me underline one thing: the regulation for advertising on TV is nothing compared with the regulation for AdWords. And I left the worse thing for the end: all decisions are for life. If you get banned once, there is a very high probability that you will be banned for life.

Best regards,
Razvan Mihaiu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
Can I just mention about that very last point. This is my 3rd time trying to use adwords in as many years, and infact they have soon after emailed me with the opportunity to rejoin and get £50 towards the fees. Etc etc.
but I'm thinking what is the point of joining when they will just ban you the first chance they get. Can I just ask when you walk into a shop and they disagree with what your trying to buy or pay do they ban you straight away from the shop ? No! The inform you of the problem and how you can get round it without giving your stature of purchase rights without expecting you to understand it.
Finally that was a good point about Adwords not being collaborative with clickbank. This is getting closer to my reason for my suspension but I've done this before and seen ads which sell 3rd party goods in here many times.
I guess my last question is What's Adworrds used for ?
Darren

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Darren,

AdWords is for real business, affiliation is NOT a real business.

There are millions of advertisers that find AdWords not only useful, but the best platform for advertising that currently exists. If you cannot find AdWords to be useful, then the problem is with you, not with AdWords.

Regarding the store analogy that you gave, here is how things work: you are on the best platform hence you have to work to remain with the best. You have to read and obey the policies. Besides paying money to AdWords, you also have to respect the policies.

There are 2 worlds of advertising: AdWords & the rest. "The rest" is very forgiving. You can advertise anything - including obvious scams and nobody will complain as long as everybody makes money. Adwords is different and this is why IT IS THE BEST. Because scammers are out – most of them anyway. In order to use the platform you have to pay money and also play fair. This is your source of frustration and I have seen this in many advertisers: you are upset because YOU pay money and YOU have to obey the rules.

Everybody else lets you get away with anything as long as you keep them on your paycheck, except AdWords, hence you don't like them because they are not “fair”. What it would be fair is for you to never read the policies, do whatever you want and AdWords reps to call you and email you and insist that on every small change that you do on your site to obey the policies.

That would be so nice, no? After all if AdWords team wrote the policies, they should do the reading, no? You are busy making money in any possible way, you have no time for policies.

If things would go your way, ppl would loose trust in Google in 1 year and they will start to loose traffic in big waves within a few years. That would be the end of Google in the sense that Google will be on the same level as ClickBank.

Best regards,
Razvan Mihaiu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm afraid there are 1000s of affiliates who make tens of thousands of pounds who might disagree with that first comment. They all have and do use Adwords and somehow get away with it.
My main concern here is that the support for a newbie like myself could be a lot better. I mean there is nothing even about if you get it wrong first time your banned. When you say real business I guess you mean websites that have been created and developed by yourself with origional and unique content on. That's not a problem and I now know I can speak to one of the adwords team who I can also speak to to try and get to the bottom of this. I work as a teacher and I give my students important points and specific guidelines as to what is required. Then if they go outside this they are then warned and pointed out but gives a second and even third chance to put it right.
I just need specific guidelines especially when there are implications. I've used adwords before on an affiliate basis and not had any problems other than it costing money. I would love Google Adwords to bring out a video that has dos and donts with examples of what ads are ok and what ads are clearly not.
My question is that say I developed a Wordpress site with good content on advertising products would this work with Adwords or would they take as much of a dim view on it.

Darren Blinkhorn