AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad group for a lawyer just disabled and we don't know why

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a client that is a lawyer and we put a retargeting pixel on their site some time ago. We went to start a retargeting campaign and the ad group was disabled before it even really started. They just give you a vague page as a reference but I cannot figure it out. This is the first time we have tried doing this and I figure it is something stupid on our end. Is google really sensitive about how you set these up? If so, Is the Law niche more sensitive than others? What would be the steps going forward to figure out why? I feel their guides are very vague but maybe its just me.

Thoughts?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

Remarketing lists should comply with AdWords personalized advertising policies based on the nature of personalized ads and the sensitivities associated with user ad targeting.

As per the present policy remarketing is not allowed for certain categories like 'criminal defense lawyers'

Please find more information under the heading 'Commission of a crime in personalized advertising' - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/143465?hl=en

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply. I guess I'm just confused. 95% of the content on our site for victims of a crime. Under our general practices page, we have criminal defense, sexual abuse and divorce. These are probably the pages that are creating a problem I would imagine. Under the Commission of a crime in personalized advertising tab, it says it requires us to remove that content from the site to go forward. There has to be another way, right? The ads we made are generic "lawyer's faces" "Law firm name" and not specifically targeted to anyone so that shouldnt be a big deal. Is there anything we can about this short of taking that content off the site?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

There is no other way. Remarketing will not be allowed for this category.

It is not just about the ads/messages that you are using. Because of the sensitivity of the targeting method, it will not be allowed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply. Thats a huge bummer for us. I see other lawyers with similar services retargeting from what i can tell. I guess I just assumed there was a way around it. Bummer.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

The Policy is crystal clear on that. Remarketing that might reveal  or even imply  a user's legal status or alleged status, is not allowed.

This falls under the category of personal hardships.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/143465?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’