AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad disapproved on search but approved on content

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Are the criteria different for ad approval between search and content network? The ads were exactly the same in both cases (I used copy), yet they were disapproved for search. My display domain is different than the click URL as I use third party software for tracking. This should be OK according the the posted rules, as the user is redirected to the display URL after tracking info is gathered. 

Any ideas?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad disapproved on search but approved on content

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This is a tricky one.

Is there any way you can post the ad here or take a screenshot of the ad and upload it to an image hosting service so that it doesn't show up in search results?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Also, what was the reason given for the disapproval?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is the reason:

[Display URL] Inaccurate Display URL

In all cases the Display URL is different than the click URL as I am using tracking software or linking through my affiliate website. I have two sets of banners:

A) linking to my tracking software, redirecting to affiliate site, and then redirecting to display url

B) linking to my affiliate site then redirecting to display url

All banners from group A have been approved, but banners B have been approved only for the content network. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pawel W
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

On the search network: does display URL match the landing page URL  (after all redirects)?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes it does. The disapproved ads are an exact copy of ads that were
previously approved.

EDIT:

No it actually doesn't! The affiliate network must have changed the landing page in the last day or so, and now the landing page is different than the display url. I will pause my previously approved ads, as obviously they are not compliant at this point.