AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad disapproved for trademarked term: Mediator

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"Mediator" cannot possibly be a trademarked term.  It is a description of services that I offer, same as "lawyer" or "teacher."  What do I have to do to get this ad approved without risking suspension?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad disapproved for trademarked term: Mediator

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Rackham,

Thank you for your posting. Could you give us more context on the use of "Mediator" in your ad? Can you post a sample of the ad for us to review? I agree that its unlikely the use of "Mediator" in the ad text would cause a trademark violation. However I would like to see the ad before I can make a real evalation from an Adwords perspective.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

As JP mentioned, we need to see the context of the "Mediator" in your ad;

However; searching the "Us trade names database," you would see that the term is registered for many types of businesses.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sure thing. I am a divorce mediator. The text of my ad is: "Divorce Mediator / Respectful Divorce Solutions / Free In-Person Consultation."