AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad disapproved for trademarked term: Mediator

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"Mediator" cannot possibly be a trademarked term.  It is a description of services that I offer, same as "lawyer" or "teacher."  What do I have to do to get this ad approved without risking suspension?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad disapproved for trademarked term: Mediator

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Rackham,

Thank you for your posting. Could you give us more context on the use of "Mediator" in your ad? Can you post a sample of the ad for us to review? I agree that its unlikely the use of "Mediator" in the ad text would cause a trademark violation. However I would like to see the ad before I can make a real evalation from an Adwords perspective.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

As JP mentioned, we need to see the context of the "Mediator" in your ad;

However; searching the "Us trade names database," you would see that the term is registered for many types of businesses.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sure thing. I am a divorce mediator. The text of my ad is: "Divorce Mediator / Respectful Divorce Solutions / Free In-Person Consultation."