AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad disapproved for 'Unidentified business'

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a couple of ads that have been disapproved because business is unidentified.

The problem is that the exact same ads are running in another campaign/ad group, so it makes no sense to me why they are disapproved in this campaign.

Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aldo C
May

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Aldo C,

Effective as of recently, not allowed are ads or destinations that do not name the product, service, or entity they are promoting. The policy may still be being rolled out in some jurisdictions and enforcement may have had an early impact on just a few of your ads. However, it will reach everyone and every ad copy soon.

For more, please refer to the help page linked-to below:

***   Editorial / Unidentified business   ***

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546

Best,

Lakatos

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Lakatos!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You are welcome, @Aldo C. After all, this is a Help Forum that is always at your service: 24/7 ....Smiley Happy

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cannot find the place where I can identify my business type, when I go to edit my disapproved add for "Unidentified business" reason I find there only title of the product and URL, nothing else. 

How can I fix that, the link you provided https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546 Says

Ads or destinations that do not name the product, service, or entity they are promoting

Examples: Not including a product or company name or display URL in the ad; animated ads that do not clearly display identifying information such as a product or company name, logo, or display URL on the final static frame (after the animation has ceased); ads or destinations for businesses with an unclear business model

Question is where can I edit that? Should I add my shop name in the product title?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Lakatos, this was helpful to me.