AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad disapproved due to site policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI there,

Please could you help a total newbie at this. I have setup a few adverts over the past few months for a few of my sites and have not experienced this problem before.

My ad was dissaproved due to a Site Policy problem but I cannot identify what the problem is.

The advert led to this page: www.the-nitty-gritty.biz/fbmarketing/ and my main site is www.the-nitty-gritty.biz.

Could anyone tell me what is wrong? I have a 'Disclaimer" and "Privacy Policy" in place on the site.

Thanks

Di

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad disapproved due to site policy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Diana and welcome to the forum!

It may be me, but when I tried to reach the URL you've provided it's returned a not found.  Including the subdomain "www" results in the whole domain not being found, discarding the www (the-nitty-gritty.biz/fbmarketing) results in a Page Not Found error on the site itself.  Both are likely to result in a Site Policy problem!!

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Ad disapproved due to site policy

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Diana;

I see that you fixed one of  "not found"  links.

In my view, this site violates the  User safety section of the Policy;

• Promote products with realistic, credible, and reasonable claims; 
  • Include links to third-party verification and/or include relevant and easy to find disclaimers when testimonials and endorsements imply that results are typical..

Examples of unrealistic claims on your site that are not verified

• "16 Step-By-Step Tutorials with Screenshots that take you through every aspect of getting your 'cash converting' website up and your product ONLINE and SELLING within 24 hours."
  • All these products are jam-packed with information that are worth their weight in gold and you get them as part of your purchase of the "The Nitty-Gritty for Non-Geeks - How to get your information product online in 24 hours".
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My apologies for taking so long to get back to you two. Thank you for your assistance. 

I was going to call Google on the Tuesday after I posted this message and then I got an email from Adwords to say that the issue was resolved and the ad could be approved.

Apart from the fact that I am delighted, I am also confused because I did absolutely nothing. So I am not sure how the issue was resolved but thank you anyway for your input.

Di