AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad disapproved due to destination url not working reason, even if it seems to work just fine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Every now and then, some of my ads get disapproved with destination url not working message. I have tested the website using multiple devices and locations and it seems to work just fine. This message pops-up sometimes even for ads targeting the homepage. I tried following the steps recommended in the adwords help for diagnosing the problem, but I still didn't succeed reproducing the problem.

Any ideas on how to diagnose this issue?

The website is https://www.dolcemonti.ro

1 Expert replyverified_user

Ad disapproved due to destination url not working reason, even if it seems to work just fine

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Bogdan-Florin F,

The website did load for me and seems to be working correctly at this time.

Have you checked with your hosting provider to see if they have been doing maintenance lately? Also ask them to make sure your website is always available to anywhere/everywhere in the world, with no blocks or restrictions. The reason why this is important is that Google Adbots can visit from multiple locations/countries/regions and they must always be able to access the website. When they cannot, you get the issue/error you did. Some businesses do not realize that their hosting providers have added country or location blocks that prevent the Adbots from accessing it. This accounts for most of the problems faced by users of AdWords. 

Also, you can do a Google search for website uptime monitoring services. Research them carefully, but once you find one you like, run it for 30 days and see if they report odd on/off access to you. If they do, you would want to deal with your hosting provider and resolve why it is happening.

All the Best,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm using a dedicated server in the Voxility Bucharest datacenter and there was no maintenance and no downtime during that period. The access is only blocked for about 300 Chinese ip addresses that were detected launching a DDoS attack a few months ago.

I'm using mod_pagespeed that is doing all kind of optimizations, some based on the device that accesses that website, but I think it works fine with Google as it is a project developed by Google.

One notable thing about mod_pagespeed, is that when the browser does not support javascript it redirects the user to url + "?PageSpeed=noscript". In the server logs I noticed that this also happens to Google Bot.

But I don't think that the issue is related to mod_pagespeed, because I also have another website ( www.optimusdigital.ro ) on the same server running with mod_pagespeed off and for that one, the same issue also pops up every now and then. I set up a few dynamic ads two days ago, all pointing to the same domain, and all but one were approved. The one that was not approved has the issue "Destination not working".

I also noticed that once this happens, even if I re-submit it for review it tends to have the same issue.

I'm thinking that it might be some traffic routing issue to some Google IPs, but I haven't succeeded finding any issue as of now.

Thanks for the reply

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Bogdan-Florin F,

You are very welcome. It sounds like you are running a well-manged system, which is great. 

The issue could very well be with the redirect happening, although I cannot nail it to that.

Have you carefully checked each ad's landing page url? Sometimes a pesky typo can slip in. 

From there, I would suggest contacting AdWords support and asking to look into it further and see if they cannot get you closer to the issue. Open up AdWords and click on the gear icon and call the number shown, or click on Help (same location) and use another method to interact with them. They can look at your account with (we cannot) and hopefully tell you something more in detail. 

All the Best,

James