AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad disapproved because of "Sexually explicit content", but there´s not such content

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ad was disapproved because of "Sexually explicit content".

However, I have already multiple approved ads running pointing to the same site i.e. the site is in compliance with all policies.

It is adult shop, but it's "media friendly", selling physical adult toys excluding DVDs. Product images are not "sexually explicit" as they are same kind of images appearing at Amazon and Ebay.

Furthermore there's nothing explicit elements on the site design, and ad text & keyword are also in compliance with all policies.

I wish not to risk that my account gets suspended because of submitting ad that gets disapproved always. This ad got disapproved already twice.

Any suggestions, how I should proceed?

Is there any way to contact Google to resolve this?

Thank you in advance!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mika L
November 2016

Ad disapproved because of "Sexually explicit content", but there´s not such content

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@James_Clemens hits the nail on the head - these ads probably need manual approval... if you call your local office you can ask them to take a look and ads will (provided they are not in breach of policies) get "restricted" approval quite quickly... don't worry about the restricted part it simply means that they have been approved manually because of the sector they are in.

The same kind of thing happens with restaurants if you mention "wine" in the ad copy, for example... it needs to be checked and flagged as restricted so that Google can show that it's been checked.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mika L,

Your products are in a grey area where they are generally-approved... but at times do get flagged, which could be by an automated review check. In that case, you can either rework the ad and resubmit, although it will likely get disapproved again... or you can click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and call Google AdWords Support and ask them to take a look. You can also click on Help (same location) and use other methods to interact with support. 

Make sure you review the AdWords policy on adult content.

All the Best,

James

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mika L
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@James_Clemens hits the nail on the head - these ads probably need manual approval... if you call your local office you can ask them to take a look and ads will (provided they are not in breach of policies) get "restricted" approval quite quickly... don't worry about the restricted part it simply means that they have been approved manually because of the sector they are in.

The same kind of thing happens with restaurants if you mention "wine" in the ad copy, for example... it needs to be checked and flagged as restricted so that Google can show that it's been checked.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

What kind of ads are we talking about? Are these all image ads, text ads, issues with one type but not the other?

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you James and stickleback for replies & valuable info!

Re "What kind of ads are we talking about? Are these all image ads, text ads, issues with one type but not the other?"

These are text ads only.