AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad customizer countdown-clarification on how character limits work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All

I'm having problems with Ad Customizer. My ad has been approved, but it's not showing because "Your ad can't show because its parameters couldn't be filled in. Make sure that you check that you have matching values that fit within character limits."

I've read all the other topics on this site, and they seem to show the same issues, but for one difference - I'm well within my character limits. 

Description Line 1 is:

Ramadan Starts in {=GLOBAL_COUNTDOWN("2015/06/18 00:00:00","en-GB",30)}. Get

• I've not included the word 'Days' as this should be populated automatically by the script. 
  • I've got a default ad without this feature in my ad group. 

Strip out the countdown text and my ad copy ("Ramadan Starts in . Get") is 24 characters long, which allows for enough space for "30 days" - the maximum. 

Any ideas why it's not showing?

I spoke with AdWords support and was assured it was set up correctly.

Thanks

Phil 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad customizer countdown-clarification on how character limits work

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Phil,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Your Ad Customizer is completely fine, there's no problem with it. You are in the character limit already. If both your ads are approved, there should not be any problem. Sometimes, it's just a matter of time before the system picks the ad starts triggering them. In other occasion, the impressions and clicks may take sometime to reflect. 

But, these are matter of minutes and hours. If there's has been enough time, I would advise to simply pause that ad and create a brand new with the same set up. It should help. If it does not, it should be an account specific issue which can be fixed only by contacting the AdWords Support team. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Re: Ad customizer countdown-clarification on how character limits work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Ratan. I'll keep my eye open and update when I notice any changes. It's still flagging the same issues, so I'll see what it does in the next day or two.

Phil