AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad cancelled - policy issue - Site not working

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Good day everyone,

I can not run ad for the http://stavbarik.sk/

Error message - site not working, policy issue.
But site is up and running from my point, accessible from all devices I own.

Maybe its something different I cannot see?

Thank for your time regarding this my little problem. First time I encountered this error so its strange to me.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michal S
June 2016

Re: Ad cancelled - policy issue - Site not working

Top Contributor
# 11
Top Contributor

@Michal S;

Google replied that there is a crawling error on your site. Please verify using  webmaster tools that there are no crawling errors, and then resubmit the site using this link;

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/site_policy

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Michal S

your server is returning a 200 in the header response, but I did see something strange. 

The header response of your site gives a link rel="https://api.w.org/".  That site returns a 301 to api.wordpress.org.

Adwords checks your site's status programmatically and uses the header response to determine its status. That link relation to a 301 address could be the reason. 
Do you know why that is happening?  I don't think it's normal for a link relation to be returned in a header response.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
hi, thank you for reply.
I have no idea. Should I change wordpress theme to another one ?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Michal S

Well, I don't think you need to be that drastic. Perhaps you can reach out to the theme creator and ask them? I just did a header check on a couple of different wordpress sites i manage, and none of them returned a link=rel.   So I don't believe it's something Wordpress does by default. 

Just to be clear, I'm not 100% sure this is the issue, but I think it's worth investigating.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks David, I will ask theme devs.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Is the site accessible form all locations and devices?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi, yes. Its not blocked or allowed for some locations only. Accessible from all devices, ipads, iphones, androids, nokias windows..
I tested on site speed test from various countries from new zealand via russia to los angeles, everywhere site loading time was just fine.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
ps and removed that w,api David mentioned here, I found on google simple command how to remove it, but my new ad was canncelled again with same result - site not working

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
OK; let me check with Google on the case.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you MosheTLV Smiley Wink