AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad cancelled - policy issue - Site not working

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Good day everyone,

I can not run ad for the http://stavbarik.sk/

Error message - site not working, policy issue.
But site is up and running from my point, accessible from all devices I own.

Maybe its something different I cannot see?

Thank for your time regarding this my little problem. First time I encountered this error so its strange to me.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad cancelled - policy issue - Site not working

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Michal S

your server is returning a 200 in the header response, but I did see something strange. 

The header response of your site gives a link rel="https://api.w.org/".  That site returns a 301 to api.wordpress.org.

Adwords checks your site's status programmatically and uses the header response to determine its status. That link relation to a 301 address could be the reason. 
Do you know why that is happening?  I don't think it's normal for a link relation to be returned in a header response.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
hi, thank you for reply.
I have no idea. Should I change wordpress theme to another one ?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Michal S

Well, I don't think you need to be that drastic. Perhaps you can reach out to the theme creator and ask them? I just did a header check on a couple of different wordpress sites i manage, and none of them returned a link=rel.   So I don't believe it's something Wordpress does by default. 

Just to be clear, I'm not 100% sure this is the issue, but I think it's worth investigating.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks David, I will ask theme devs.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Is the site accessible form all locations and devices?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi, yes. Its not blocked or allowed for some locations only. Accessible from all devices, ipads, iphones, androids, nokias windows..
I tested on site speed test from various countries from new zealand via russia to los angeles, everywhere site loading time was just fine.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
ps and removed that w,api David mentioned here, I found on google simple command how to remove it, but my new ad was canncelled again with same result - site not working

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
OK; let me check with Google on the case.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you MosheTLV Smiley Wink