AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Words and Splash/Landing Pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi:

We have been working with a really nice Google associate on this campaign and in addition please pardon any redundancy in our questions.  We understand Google has policies in place for overt harvesting of email addresses through ad words.  This client is offering a free webinar.  The question is does Google have a policy about these types of landing pages http://www.experienceyourpurpose.com/mastery/ ?  The Google rep said there is a redirect message although this might be something to do with a WordPress plugin, there is not a redirect.  The campaign was suspended and we have tried to update the site according to what this representative suggested.  We did change the URL which had the word money in it to mastery and then tried  to initiate another campaign but all ads were immediately disapproved so this led us to think it must be some technical issue, but we can't seem to find it?

We do not believe the ads were disapproved for content as most were about the same but some here may have some ideas?

Sample Ad

Soulful Entrepreneurs

Free Webinar March 29

Women, Grow Your Soul-Led Business

Landing URL experienceyourpurpose.com/mastery

&

Master Money & Business

Free Webinar March 29

Women, Grow Your Soul-Led Business

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. And does Google have any policies concerning Splash pages and ad words (again pardon me if this has been discussed many times before?)

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad Words and Splash/Landing Pages

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

My view - the account was suspended, and hence, the ads were disapproved. (Check with the account owner - he probably received a suspension email.)

This is the type of sites (many we have seen on this community) that violate the "user safety" section of the Policy, and cannot be advertised on Google. I wouldn't even bother to try fixing it: the type of service offered, and the business model are not allowed to be promoted on AdWords.

Read the policy! It's easy to see that site does not comply.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Ad Words and Splash/Landing Pages

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

don't take offence but Google do not allow "Get rich quick" schemes - and whilst you might protest until you are blue in the face that yours is not one of these schemes, the whole look and feel is exactly like all the other "get rich quick "schemes out there.

If you are not - genuinely not - then you would do best to design your site to be completely differnet from all the others rather than exactly the same. After all if you didn't want to be mistaken for a waiter at a fancy dress party, you wouldn't dress in black trousers white shirt, carry a silver tray with a napkin draped over your arm - would you?

However, a quick (really a skim) of your site leads me to agree with Moshe - you're unlikely to get this approved however you might present it - it might take a little longer with a different design, but without a pretty complete overhaul you'll be suspended sooner or later.