AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Status "Serving Approved" but ads are not running yet!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I created 2 video ads 4 days ago and the status was "serving" until today.So I called the support and they said that my ads were ok and changed the status to "Serving Approved".That was 3 hours ago but my ads are not running yet.

How much more should I wait?Is something going wrong or is it natural?

Thanks

Kiriakos T.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kiriakos22
September 2015

Re: Ad Status "Serving Approved" but ads are not running yet

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Kiriakos,

What I meant was that there is no tool like the Ad Preview Tool

(https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704363?hl=en) where you can check real time results on video ads, which you can do for text ads running on Google search.

However, once you start getting clicks, views to your video ads, the data will be visible in the Adwords interface. It's just a matter of fact that your ads got approved sometime back today only. So give it sometime and you will start seeing the stats if they are approved.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kiriakos T and welcome,

In case of video ads, there is no Ad Preview Tool available as such. So you cannot actually see if the ads are running. I would say that you will have to trust on the Ad status which according to you is now Serving Approved.

Give it sometime and once you start getting views for your video ads, then you can also analyze on which particular domains your ads are shown. Based on that you can optimize and fine tune the video ads campaign.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But How will I know how much I am charged per click?

What you are telling me is that I paid for something that "might" be running and I cannot check it?

Shouldn't the video campains show the impressions and clicks for my ads?

I'm sorry if I misunderstood...

Kiriakos
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kiriakos22
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Kiriakos,

What I meant was that there is no tool like the Ad Preview Tool

(https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704363?hl=en) where you can check real time results on video ads, which you can do for text ads running on Google search.

However, once you start getting clicks, views to your video ads, the data will be visible in the Adwords interface. It's just a matter of fact that your ads got approved sometime back today only. So give it sometime and you will start seeing the stats if they are approved.

Pankaj