AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Relevance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey If I have a keyword 'Adv Cell phone' as phrase match keywords and 'Adv phone' as negative match type, will our creatives be displayed ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author avigyan31
September 2015

Re: Ad Relevance

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Avigyan,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

We can add Negative Keywords in three match types Broad, Phrase, Exact in Google Adwords.

Broad Match Negative Keywords - KEYWORD
Phrase Match Negative Keywords – “KEYWORD”
Exact Match Negative Keywords – [KEYWORD]

In your case, if you add 'Adv phone' as a negative keyword, then it becomes Embedded match (i.e -ve Broad) and your ad will not trigger as negatives will block your ads from being served. i.e. the ad will not trigger if the search term contains the word Adv or Phone or both.

I would highly recommend you to read this article by one of the Top Contributors, this will help you greatly. I bet !!
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Negative-Keywords-As-Important-as-Positive-Key...

Hope this Helps.

- Prashanth Reniguntala

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Avigyan,

I want to add one more thing to Prashanth's excellent answer. Learn to use the Preview tool! I will say that again: learn to use the Preview tool.

The preview tool is available in your account in Tools -> Diagnose Ads. The names might be different from what I just told you because my account is not in English so I translated the terms.

This tool is very important because it allows you to see in REAL TIME if your ads are displayed on not. There can be many reasons for which your ad in not displayed like:

1. you are not displaying ads at that hour
2. your budget is exhausted
3. a negative keyword stops the ads from being displayed
etc.

In each case, the tool will tell you exactly why the ad is not displayed. If the ad is displayed, you can click on your own ad and see where it sends the visitor on your site (in fact, 2 clicks are required - you will see). Please note that you can only click on your own ad, all other clicks on that page will do nothing as this page is for testing purposes.

If you click on your own ad from the Preview tool, you will not be billed, the view for that search term will not be counted against your ad. What I am trying to say is that this is the only valid way to check if your ads are up. If you are checking your ads from a regular Google page, then your ads will accumulate views. I will not go into that, as this is the not scope of your question, but what you need to remember is that this is NOT good for the QA of your ads. So always use the tool.

Best regards,
Razvan Mihaiu

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Avigyan,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

We can add Negative Keywords in three match types Broad, Phrase, Exact in Google Adwords.

Broad Match Negative Keywords - KEYWORD
Phrase Match Negative Keywords – “KEYWORD”
Exact Match Negative Keywords – [KEYWORD]

In your case, if you add 'Adv phone' as a negative keyword, then it becomes Embedded match (i.e -ve Broad) and your ad will not trigger as negatives will block your ads from being served. i.e. the ad will not trigger if the search term contains the word Adv or Phone or both.

I would highly recommend you to read this article by one of the Top Contributors, this will help you greatly. I bet !!
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Negative-Keywords-As-Important-as-Positive-Key...

Hope this Helps.

- Prashanth Reniguntala

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Avigyan,

I want to add one more thing to Prashanth's excellent answer. Learn to use the Preview tool! I will say that again: learn to use the Preview tool.

The preview tool is available in your account in Tools -> Diagnose Ads. The names might be different from what I just told you because my account is not in English so I translated the terms.

This tool is very important because it allows you to see in REAL TIME if your ads are displayed on not. There can be many reasons for which your ad in not displayed like:

1. you are not displaying ads at that hour
2. your budget is exhausted
3. a negative keyword stops the ads from being displayed
etc.

In each case, the tool will tell you exactly why the ad is not displayed. If the ad is displayed, you can click on your own ad and see where it sends the visitor on your site (in fact, 2 clicks are required - you will see). Please note that you can only click on your own ad, all other clicks on that page will do nothing as this page is for testing purposes.

If you click on your own ad from the Preview tool, you will not be billed, the view for that search term will not be counted against your ad. What I am trying to say is that this is the only valid way to check if your ads are up. If you are checking your ads from a regular Google page, then your ads will accumulate views. I will not go into that, as this is the not scope of your question, but what you need to remember is that this is NOT good for the QA of your ads. So always use the tool.

Best regards,
Razvan Mihaiu