AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Relevance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One of my keywords always has a low Quality Score of 3 and when I move over the speech bubble it says Ad Relevance: Below Average. I believe my keyword is related to my ad and I even use it in the add text. If someone was to search for that keyword it would provide a relevant result. What am I doing wrong?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Ad Relevance

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
It´s true relevance increases if you have the keyword in your ad text. But, quality Score is a complicated thing. To give you a a good answer I need to know: a) what does the other lines of the speech bubble say? b) what match type is this keyword?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello symlux3;

In addition to David's answer; please note that if it is a new keyword , the QS given is an average QS of other advertisers, until you reach 1000 impressions and start to get clicks for your ad.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The other lines in the speech bubble are all in the green. Expected clickthrough rate: Average and Landing page experience: Average. The keyword is set on broad match and on an average day we may get 30 impressions for 3 clicks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The keyword has been running for about 6 months now but the QS has always stayed low.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi again symlux3;

Just to confirm: You are getting 30 impressions for this KW and 3 clicks - meaning an average CTR of 10% during the last 6 months, and still, the QS is low?

symlux3 wrote:

The other lines in the speech bubble are all in the green. Expected clickthrough rate: Average and Landing page experience: Average. The keyword is set on broad match and on an average day we may get 30 impressions for 3 clicks.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just checked for the last 30 days and my CTR is 6%

Re: Ad Relevance - Low QS

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

symlux3;

This is strange.....The only  reason I can think of, is that the keyword is totally irrelevant to the content on your landing page.

symlux3 wrote:

I have just checked for the last 30 days and my CTR is 6%

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

It´s a little strange, but if other advertisers are getting even higher CTR for this keyword (or those search queries), it´t not that strange, as an advertisers QS most probably is set relatively other advertisers.

But my guess is that, because you are having a broad match keyword,  you may get impressions at a few relevant search queries, and for which you have a high CTR (>10). But then you also  get impressions at a bunch of rather irrelevant search queries, for which you also have a very low CTR and low relevance.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The system says that the landing page experience is Average(green) and I use my keyword and keyword related terms. Its not much different to other landing pages which I have made and have QS of 7?