AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Issue: Gambling certificate required? We're not a gambling site.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All, 

Would really appreciate help on a recurring issue we've started having on our AdWords account in the last month or so. 

Random ads are being disapproved and we are being notified that we need a gambling certificate.  

This happens really randomly in various campaigns and ad groups. 

We're a gift giving website so I really don't understand why this is happening. 

Here is our site if you don't believe me Smiley Happy http://www.giftsdirect.com/ 

Any advice would be really appreciated. 

Thanks,

Luke 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
August

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Luke,

Sorry to hear about this annoyance you're facing.

Sometimes there will be something about your ads or website that will trigger red flags in Google's system, even if the red flags aren't relevant.

It would probably be worth reaching out to Google support to see if they can do something on the back-end to indicate in the system that your website and account are not gambling-related.

Here's how you can contact Google's support team: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7217785?hl=en

Best,

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John, 

Really appreciate the reply. 

I've already reached out to support as well as our account manager and have been told that the tool Google uses to review ads can sometimes disapprove ads accidentally and through "machine learning" will eventually learn that our account has no gambling related issues and might learn to stop disapproving them. 

To be quite honest this to me was an answer that says they don't know what the problem is and give a general machine learning excuse. 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Luke,

That makes sense. I would say that based on my experience with similar issues for clients, there's a good chance that Google's response to you is accurate, and that eventually the system will figure out that you're not a gambling site and will stop disapproving your ads. Until then, you'll probably just have to bear with the problem. Sorry I can't help you find a better solution!

John