AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Disapproved: Online pharmacy certification required - but we're not a pharmacy!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our ad has been rejected three times in a row, and the reason given is that an "Online pharmacy certification required" for "healthcare and medicines".

We are an online film editing course, and the keywords associated with the ad are entirely related to that topic. Our business is in no way related to healthcare or medicines, nor do we mention those anywhere on the site.

It's infuriating that no means of contact is available: clearly, resubmitting the ad is not working.

Any advice on this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Ad Disapproved: Online pharmacy certification required - but we're not a pharmacy!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Can you give us an example of the ad? Most likely you will have a health-related brand name in there that you are unaware of.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, sure:

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Chris,

My best guess is the word "script"on your landing page. Contact AdWords Support to get your ad approved, and if it happens again I suggest removing that word from your site (or, potentially, the bots will keep flagging it).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply. It doesn't match the problem flagged but you could well be right.

Any tips on how to actually contact support? Google seem to make this deliberately difficult!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hmm.... This is interesting.

Let me check with Google how come the site was categorized as online pharmacy

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Chris M;

Google replied that the issue was resolved and ads should be running fine now.

Can you confirm?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Adwords Support: 

1-866-246-6453