AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Disapproved For Display URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My advertisement was disapproved for using an incorrect display URL.

However I am using a banner advertisement, and I didn't see a place to put the display URL. Is it suppose to be on the banner itself?

Thanks,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Ad Disapproved For Display URL

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Chris,
Welcome to the AdWords Community!
When you upload a Display Ad you still have to specify a Display URL and the Display URL needs to match the root domain of your Destination URL.

For example, if you're driving traffic to www.example.com/landing page; then your Display URL must be www.example.com.

How are you uploading your Display Ads? Usually you'll see a placeholder on the left hand of the screen to update your Destination and Display URLs.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Chris,
Welcome to the AdWords Community!
When you upload a Display Ad you still have to specify a Display URL and the Display URL needs to match the root domain of your Destination URL.

For example, if you're driving traffic to www.example.com/landing page; then your Display URL must be www.example.com.

How are you uploading your Display Ads? Usually you'll see a placeholder on the left hand of the screen to update your Destination and Display URLs.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your response.

I created a custom application so I could use a tracking link on Admob, and then proceeded to upload a Display Ad. When setting up the ad I do not see a placeholder on the left to enter the display URL which is why I'm confused.

I only see  Ad Name,  Max CPC Bid, Destination URL and Image Upload.

Thanks,

Chris

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi All, I have the same problem.

I've submitted a ticket and they called me from adwords. With no resolution (since they didn't even understand what the problem is).

It seems there's a conflict between adwords and admob platforms.

In admob when we create an android app campaign, it does not allow us to change the display url. When the ads are created, the system autmatically syncs ads to adwords. There, the display url is automatically assigned as the destination url. With this, they disapprove the ads (since display url is meaningless to end user).

Finally, the display url needs to be changed. only option to change it is on adwords. On adwords, when we try to change display url, an error message is generated: "you cannot make changes to this ad here, because it was not created here."

An urgent help on this very weird problem would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks,
Kerem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Brian, this is not a solution for Chris's and My problem.