AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Disapproved - Capitalization

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a number of ads that have been running in an old campaign for years. Moved them into a new campaign, and now they are disapproved because of capitalization.

The legal name of our school is Goodwill L.I.F.E. Academy (Which is an acronym for Life Institute For Education). I've already had to remove the periods to meet character limits.  However, the capitalization is very important because, again, it is an acronym.

I see no way to appeal the ad disapproval.  Can someone please assist me?

Kirsten O'Donnell

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect privacy and account security.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad Disapproved - Capitalization

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You are probably best contacting your local Google office - use the contact link above right - and ask them to manually review.

The approvals are done by the lovely bots - and they get it right most of the time - it would be hard to imagine just how many people Google would need to approve every text ad!

Bot sometimes things slip through the net - your's is a good case... a human reviewer should be able to help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. Can't believe I missed the "Contact AdWords" link. Sometimes it's hard to see something when it's so obvious!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hidden in plain view!

Hope they can help...