AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Disapproval - KW/Ad Destination URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is an ad disapproved if it has a correct Keyword Destination URL, but the Ad Destination URL is not working?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad Disapproval - KW/Ad Destination URL

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi

I'm bit unclear about your problem here. But you can see what was the reason for the disapproved in your campaign tab. Please see below image for more information.

1.jpg

We might be able to help you if you can mention the reason displayed there on your disapproved ad.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Your destination URL should be properly working after all the redirects and it shouldn't be a Page not found or some other error.

Read more requirements about the Destination URL Policy here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1310892?hl=en

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. However I am still a little bit confused if changing the broken Ad Destination URLs is compulsory for the ads to be approved if all of the Keyword Destination URLs are working properly. As far as I know KW level Destination URL overwrites the Ad Destination URL, am I right?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Piotr D,

Yes you are right when you say KW level Url overwrites Adcopy Url but Adcopy url should be working too. When AdWords system will review adcopy and found that url isn't working they will put it as disapprove.

Also if in future you add any new keywords and forgot to add KW level url then? What will happen? Keep working url for adcopy I believe.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’