AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

[Ad Copy Inside] Ad Disapproved for Spacing?!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys, Adwords disapproved all my ads due to what they called "Spacing" and i didn't do any extra spacing in my ads, What could be wrong? Here's one of the ads that got disapproved:

HardWood Flooring in Athens,GA
Artisan Hardwood Flooring
Hardwood Flooring. You'll be Floored by Our High Quality, Family-Owned Services

I can't see anything wrong with the ad? please help because i know if i submit them again they might suspend my account!

Thanks in advance...

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Artisan H
April 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

AdWords states that spacing is disallowed when it's excessive or gimmicky, such as the following: f l o w e r s, buyflowershere.

This means that your ad may not be disapproved for having extra spaces, but for not having spaces in the correct spots. I recommend adding a space after "Athens," so that it reads "Athens, GA". I also recommend adjusting the capitalization in the title to "Hardwood" instead of "HardWood" as AdWords may think that you are trying to combine two words like in their example of "buyflowershere".

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you sir, And for this ad should i remove spacing before and after the "-" dash sign or it's ok? Also can i know how many symbols and sign like this are allowed in the description?

High Quality Bambo Hardwood Flooring Service - Free Estimate - 2016 Choice Award

Again thank you very much

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi,

In regards to this ad text:

"High Quality Bambo Hardwood Flooring Service - Free Estimate - 2016 Choice Award"

I believe that you should be fine and would not need to delete the spaces before and after hyphens. It's possible that it would be disapproved for excessive symbols or not adhering to the true purpose of hyphens. I know that if you substituted periods for hyphens and used their correct syntax you would be fine. I would recommend becoming familiar with this article to better understand the policies: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?hl=en

Hope that helps,

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much sir, it turned to be the missing space before ",GA" as you exactly said in the first reply Smiley Happy

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

In addition to @JimVaillancourt's excellent reply - Offers like free estimates could be great for one of the headlines. 

As an example:

Bamboo Flooring in Athens 

Call For A Free Estimate

High Quality Bamboo and Hardwood Flooring. 2016 Choice Award Winner!

If you're only targeting the Athens area, then users know what state they're in. Maybe having a city modifier helps CTR, maybe it doesn't. You will have to keep testing variations and see what works best for you. 

Tom