AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Approval Status changing from "Approved" to "Eligible"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Friends

A client of mine observed that an Ad which was previously marked "Approved", later got changed to the status "Eligible".

Has anyone else observed this in their accounts ?

My understanding is that - "Eligible" is when the ad is yet to be reviewed, but Google feels its ok to show the ads on Google Search (for users with SafeSearch turned Off) but not on the Search partner network. And, once the review process is over, assuming the ad meets the policy requirements - the status changes from "Eligible" to "Approved".(And in case it doesn't meet the requirements, it changes to "Disapproved" / "Approved (Limited)")

But not sure how an already "Approved" ad can go back to "Eligible" status. 

Comments and responses will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance !!

Sankar

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad Approval Status changing from "Approved" to "Eli

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

This can happen if he edited something in the ad, thus creating a new ad which starts from being "eligible" then goes to "approved".

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
This could happen when your display ad was triggered for a human review. You'll have to wait until approved by a reviewer.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/188700?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot Adrian.

So, per what he told me - he didn't make any changes in the ad and this status change (from Approved back to Eligible) happened in a matter of few minutes.
So, do you think the status would have read "Approved" for a short period of time, even before going for review ? Can't think of any other possibility ? Pl let me know what you think.

Thanks a lot !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot Moshe !

So, you mean, the status would have read "Approved" for a short while even before the human review ?
My understanding was that - it will read "Approved" only after going through the human review, in the first place. (after reading "Eligible" or "Under Review" during the course of review process)
Pl let me know if you have had instances of the status showing "Approved" for some time even before the human review happens.

Thanks in advance !

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Ads could be submitted for a review by a human reviewer at any point, once the bot triggers an image or text that might violate the policy,
 These reviews are quick.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hey Sankar,
I have seen this happen too. I agree with Moshe.. your ads can go in for manual review anytime.
They are marked eligible after an automated review... but if something trips a filter that triggers a manual review, you can have a status change.
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot Adrian, Moshe & Shweta !
Shall communicate these responses to my client.