AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Approval Classifications

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have a query about the volume of traffic available for the different types of ad classification for any individual keyword. Based on what I've read individual sites and products are able to choose what classification of ads they would like to show. So based on this the volumes should technically differ and/or perform at different levels for the different ad classifications?

E.G.

All adult based sites/products on the Google Network decide to show all types of ads on their platforms. There are only two advertisers and they are both eligible for every impression generated for a certain exact match keyword & not in direct competition.

If relevance would determine performance, an adult product advertiser would theoretically see better performance than a family safe product advertiser but both would see the same amount of impressions. However if the Google network sites were rather clean (family safe) but accepted all ads the performance would be the opposite. Would you say that's a logical assumption?

In another scenario, half of the adult based Google Network then decide to disallow family safe ads. The performance would stay similar to above but half the impressions would be avaialble to the family safe advertiser. Where as the adult based advertiser would see the same performance with the same number of impressions. 

I hope I've worded this query in an appropriate manner, but it would be good to hear some thoughts if there are any?

Many Thanks, 

Luke

1 Expert replyverified_user

Ad Approval Classifications

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Nope; this is not health auction process work;

Search ads are shown to a  user. The advertiser  has control on the keywords  which are relevant to the business, but not who is the user who gets to see the ad - this is determined  by the query; 

The classification of the ad is not up to the advertiser to decide, but rather up to Google.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’