AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My account was suddenly deactivated. I don't know why, but I'm not sure if this can be the reason. I'm from India but live in Thailand, so i open my account in India with an India address. My wife works in a school, where a letter came from Google Adwords with a coupon in it. Since the school had no use of it, I took it and inserted into my account. Is that a possible reason? Anything I can do to rectify it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account suspension

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Inglorycraft C,

It's not likely the coupon that caused the site suspension. The coupon itself would be declined, but that shouldn't suspend your account. Coupons are currency specific and must be in the same currency as your account setting.

You should have received an email telling you about the suspension. Look in your spam folder.

Have you contacted support?

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Account suspension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There's one more thing to this. The first payment was made through my debit card and as time went by the credit ran out. For the second payment, i had no money in my account so i paid through my wife's card. It accepted the charges and went on for a day. No specific reasons were given by google. All it said was i violated the terms and conditions. Why is google being so vague in giving reasons?