AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My account # 615-890-6891: I got the ' account suspended because the billing info could not be verified: I ran ads for years - never a problem. Ads were for a printing company.

Fixed every issue I could possibly find: Update the billing with a new CC,  and I deleted any ads.
Contacted Google in every way possible. I was sent the same message again when I tried by email. By phone, they just said 'account suspended' 

Don't know what else to do. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account suspension

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
Have you verified that your billing address (including street number and zip code ) match those on record with the credit card issuer?
Please share your website URL

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I did verify that the information matches. 

Url: www.seocafeteria.com

Thanks so much,

Richard

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

You site violates the spam techniques section of the Policy; (And also probably the "advertiser claims" clause)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok - thank you. I will check that out and make the needed changes. When done, do I re-submit for inclusion?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

You resubmit using the link at the bottom of the relevant Policy section

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I wonder if you can share - or point me in the right direction of the spam techniques you found. I read the guidelines, and can not see where a violation occurs. Thanks

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

You are offering artificial techniques for SEO purposes. This is a violation of the webmaster guidelines

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I appreciate your feedback, but I have to question it's validity and your source of information.

The techniques you refer to are used by SEO companies world wide, and are in keeping with Google endorsed best practices. In addition to which, the account suspension was for a billing verification issue; there was no mention of any content violation.

You mentioned in a previous email there was a spam issue, for which I asked clarification. Your response of 'artifical techniques' has no relevance to spam. If you are to attempt to give answers for important queries, I suggest you use more precise language, and if do not know that answer, do not guess.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hello again;

As for your firs question: we have seen cases where the suspension email was about billing, while the actual reason was a landing page violation . Since you replied that billing info had been verified, I continued to the next step - looking at the landing page;

If your were to read the relevant part of the policy, you would notice that its title is "spam techniques ", but, it includes many (other) prohibited techniques of artificially manipulating ranking / traffic or online advertising.(Among them: a violation of any of webmaster guidelines; a violation of affiliate programs...etc...). The title of the Policy section, does not (necessarily) reflect the content.

As I said in my initial reply ; there may be other violations. You should get yourself familiar with ALL sections of the Policy, and verify compliance. It's hard work, I know. But, there is no other (shorter) way to be back on track.Smiley Frustrated

I hope that now the logic behind the steps I followed, as well as the next steps, is clearer