AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspension shock

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am relatively new to adwords. I set up an account and PURPOSELY did not include billing information because I was messing around and working on a number of factors before I put the ads live - including which url I wanted to use. Google sent me a message indicating that my ads were not going to run because they were disapproved. This email went to my spam folder. The next email not even a week later indicated that my account was suspended. SUSPENDED!!! This too when to my spam folder. When I finally got back to this project, I called to ask to have my account reinstated. I spoke to a WONDERFUL Google employee who completely understood what I was doing and went to advocate for the reinstatement. Google REJECTED IT. Now, I am understanding and respectful of policies and procedures - terms and agreements - but there was NO POSSIBLE WAY for these ads to run. I had PURPOSELY not included billing information because I was no where near ready to pull the trigger on the campaign. I am shocked, frustrated, and even worse, in huge trouble at work because this, of course, is being blamed on me. I've been reading these threads and am so disappointed that it does truly appear that Google cares about the big guys, but won't work with the average Joe to try and resolve what was an ignorant mistake. The punishment certainly does not fit the crime. 

If ANYONE has any suggestions for me, on other avenues I can try to resolve this, I would be grateful for your thoughts.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account suspension shock

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Please share your website URL
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
http://www.livinggifts.com/livingmemories/

This was the one that was linked to the most ads. I had other urls linking to ads - because I wasn't sure which site or landing page we were going to use. That apparently is what killed me. But as I previously mentioned - I had not put billing information in yet because I knew this was wrong. Anything you can offer would be so very appreciated.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello there;
Please copy / paste here the suspension email received from Google;
Do not include any personal info (e.g. Email, CID...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is the message that I received. I stripped out the customer number.

Hello AdWords Advertiser,

Your AdWords account has been suspended because it doesn't comply with our Advertising Policies and our AdWords Terms and Conditions. Please note that this means your account and any related accounts have been suspended, you can't create any new accounts, and your ads will no longer run on Google, our search partners, or on Display Network placements.

If this is an error, we want to get your account back up and running as quickly as possible, and your Google team is here to help. Here's the account:

Customer ID:

To learn more about AdWords suspension policies, please visit
http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/static.py?topic=28449&guide=28446&page=guide.cs&hl=en_US.

If you have a prepaid balance remaining in your account, you can request a refund at any time by following the instructions at http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/answer.py?answer=8440&hl=en_US.

This message was sent from a notification-only email address that doesn't accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message. If you'd like to reach us, you can contact us through the methods described at http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/request.py?&contact_type=form_r0&hl=en_US.

Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Is this an affiliate?

Why the landing page gives the user a choice of two websites?
This is a violation of the bridge section of the Policy.

"A bridge page, also known as a doorway page, is a webpage created for the main purpose of sending visitors to a different site."
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/190435?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
When I set the account up, I had put multiple urls in as place holders. I was working on figuring out which site would serve as the landing page. That was why I didn't include any billing information. I see the issue regarding a bridge page and would have obviously changed it as soon as I could - but the ads weren't live so I didn't work on the account again and when I turned my attention to it again - I found out that my account was suspended. I've been working to fix it ever since.

Seriously, this was not a situation where I was intending to screw Google or anyone. I had no cc information included because I was just messing around with setting up the account. Nothing live. Nothing launched. I understand the issue of a doorway page - and would certainly change it and never use one again. I thought adwords was designed to provide a way for users to try online advertising. Innocent mistakes should not result in blanket suspensions without any chance to resolve and fix them?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Please fix the site, and resubmit using this link;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3441482?hl=en&rd=1