AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspension due to user safety Policy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My Adwords account was just suspended and I am trying to fix the issue. From what I gathered it points to "user safety" as the main issue. Looking at my site and landing page, the only thing I can come up with is that I may not have enough information and disclaimers regarding the offers and claims on the landing page. So, I added a new block of text. But I am just not sure if that is enough.

Now the weird thing is that I can see the same ad (obviously not word by word) running on Google by another advertiser pointing to a landing page similar to mine. And as far as I can see, my landing page gives users way more "disclaimers" than the other site. So, I really don't understand why my account gets suspended, yet the same ad with the same kind of landing page from another advertiser is running and has been running for a while.

I would appreciate it if you could help me in any way. I will fix anything that needs to be fixed. I really have no intention of breaking any rules. I am a beginner with Adwords and its though trying to figure out whats wrong with the limited info Google gives when they suspend you.

Here is the complete email I got:

Spoiler
Hello,

We wanted to alert you that one of your sites violates our advertising policies. Therefore, we won't be able to run any of your ads that link to that site, and any new ads pointing to that site will also be disapproved.

Here's what you can do to fix your site and hopefully get your ad running again:

1. Make the necessary changes to your site that currently violates our policies:

Display URL: moneypantry.com

Policy issue: User safety
     Details & instructions: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1050602?hl=en&utm_source=policy&utm_medium=email&utm_...

2. Resubmit your site to us, following the instructions in the link above. If your site complies with our policies, we can approve it to start running again.

Repeated violations of our advertising policies could result in a suspension of your AdWords account, so it's important to address any issues as soon as possible by reviewing our policies. To learn more about AdWords suspension policies, please visit http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/164786?hl=en&utm_source=policy&utm_medium=email&utm_c...

Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team

Thank you so much in advance everyone.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account suspension due to user safety Policy.

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Satarp,

Thank you for posting on our Community forum. While I cannot provide any specific details or information into why your AdWords account was suspended for User Safety violation, I can give you some general information that may help you determine why your ads were disapproved and how to submit for re-consideration

What can I do if my site gets suspended?

Step 1: Review the guidelines above and see where your website might be causing issues. Please note that your entire website needs to comply, not just the landing page from your ad.

• Remove all unacceptable or illegal content from your ad text and website.
  • Provide users with accurate information about your business, products, and services. Make it clear to users what your business does and how it works.
  • Be transparent about the product or service being promoted to users, providing upfront and accurate information about any risks involved.
  • Remove misleading or exaggerated claims from your ad text and website:
    • Remove any promise of exaggerated results (such as "guaranteed," "permanent," etc.) with little effort, time, or money required.
    • Remove any testimonials that claim specific results without including a visible disclaimer stating that there's no guarantee of specific results and that the results can vary.
    • Remove scientifically improbable claims that are unlikely to deliver on their promise (such as cures for incurable ailments).
  • Include relevant disclaimers and/or links to third-party accreditation or endorsement.
  • Provide a way to contact the company with questions about how the business or product works.

Step 2: After making any necessary changes to your site, request a re-review of your site by completing this contact form:
 Request a re-review

What happens if I violate this policy?

• Ad disapproval: Ads that don't follow this policy may get disapproved. A disapproved ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
  • Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised with AdWords until the problem is fixed.
  • Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup. Learn more about suspended accounts.

I hope this information is helpful.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi John,

Thank you so much for taking time to help out. I really appreciate it.

Yes, I have actually read what you have posted while searching for an answer earlier and unfortunately I still can not find any clear reason.

Either way, I thank you for taking time to reply. Have a great rest of the day/night.

Meanwhile if anyone sees a specific issue with my ad/site, I would be grateful for any help. Thanks again everyone.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Can you post your url?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello;

I looked at your site;

Though the views/ opinions/ advices given are legitimate - this business model cannot be promoted on Google AdWords, since the claims are not supported. (Some would say that parts of the content is  an "investment risk".)

However; you could promote the website on the organic search, as a financial blog.

I know that this not what you expected to hear; but there are business models that Google does not allow.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thank you so much for taking time to look at the site.

Yes, I always use SEO for traffic for my sites, but I actually got the idea to try Adwords after seeing a very similar ad on Google.

So, while I get the business model idea and how Google doesn't like it, what I don't get is how come an exact ad with the exact same kind of content on the landing page along with the whole website being based on the same kind of "business model" as mine has been running on Google for a few years now, yet my site gets rejected.

I don't want to give names here, but if you look at my site and landing page vs the one other site, its clear that I actually disclose more info and give much more warning and disclaimers regarding the content and the risk involved in what the content suggests than the other site.

The only thing I can think of is that the other site spends upwards of 100K a year on Adwords and I am just a beginner with a small budget. So, I guess if I am Google and trying to make
money, I would overlook things when it comes to bigger customers too perhaps.

Anyway, I know it's not your rules ad you guys are just trying to help, so Google wont hear any of what I am saying here, so at the end it wont really make any difference in my case.

Thank you again for taking time to help.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again;

I can assure you (through many examples and test  cases I have submitted to Google) that in terms of the Policy: all advertisers are equal, (I think that recently there was a post about that in search engine land)

If  you find a site violating the Policy, which  "escaped the radar",  you can report it using this form;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’