AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspension (WITHOUT any ads running since 2008)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Yesterday I received a notice my AdWords account was suspended due to allegedly not complying with policies etc...

What's weird -- I have NOT run any ads since 2008!

Have not used AdWords since 2008 in any way. Have not even logged into the account. 

How is it then possible to violate anything, WITHOUT doing anything? 

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account suspension (WITHOUT any ads running since 2008)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Metodi, welcome to the Community.  You don't need to be running Ads for an Account to be suspended, Google checks Accounts even when nothing is running.

If you haven't used the Account since 2008 it's possible the suspension could be down to your billing details.  Even if you owe no money your billing details should be accurate and active.  You may be able to clear the suspension simply by entering new, valid, billing details.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Account suspension (WITHOUT any ads running since 2008)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon, thanks for your suggestion.

Yes, my creditcard info was outdated from ca 2008 so I went in and updated it with new valid info. No change.

The info (in red at the top) on my account says: "AdWords account has been suspended for violation of Google's Advertising Policies..."

When I got that notice the other day, I went into the account and saw that I had several PAUSED ads from back in 2008. Without thinking about anything much, I just deleted them anyway. So now I have no ads in the account. No paused or active ones.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much.

Metodi