AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspension. Please review and provide insight. Very frustrating.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I just created a new adwords account (under my existing MCC account that manages one other client account - the payment on this client account is the client's). However I got the email that I have posted at the bottom of this email. I tried contacting them and repeatedly keep getting the same message.

After a lot of racking my brains I figured that I had 2 old accounts that I had setup 2-3 years ago and which had no ads running for at least the last 2 years. One of these accounts had my personal credit card and the other account the same business credit card that I used on the new account. I had completely forgotten about these inactive accounts.

So, thinking that this is what might have caused the problem, I immediately merged the 2 older accounts into the new account and requested cancellation of the two older accounts.

I then proceeded to appeal the decision using their standard online form (the link to which they sent to me in their email), and I got a response back within the hour with the same system generated response that my account was suspended.

Keep in mind that the ads on the new account ran for a few hours before being stopped by Google. Also, there was not ever a warning from them, and there is NO message or alert in the adwords account when I log-in (in any of the accounts). 

The only other thing I can think of is that there might be issues with the landing page or use of trademarks. So I am hoping someone from here could look at my site and figure what I could be violating. It would bea GREAT help.

The URL is http://www.oneminutetoner.com This site sells Brother compatible toners and toner products for their laser printers. The KWs that we have been using are brother toner, brother toner cartridge, etc.

The ads themselves use the term Brother. Their quality score is 6 or 7. And no message on the account about any ads being disapproved.

I however do not see a problem with this (unless you guys do), as there are a zillion other sites in a similar business, using the Brother trademark.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks

-------

Here's the email from Google:

Dear Advertiser, Thank you for your email.

*** Please do not respond to this system-generated email. ***

While reviewing your account, we found violations of our AdWords policies in this or a related account. As a result, your account has unfortunately been suspended, and your ads will no longer run on Google.

For information on the terms associated with AdWords account use, please review our Terms and Conditions at:https://adwords.google.com/select/tsandcsfinder

If you have a prepaid balance remaining in your account, you can request a refund at any time by following the instructions at: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1703646

If you believe that you meet all of our Terms and Conditions and want to make an appeal, fill out the following form:http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/request.py?contact_type=policy_suspended

Please be aware that we can't process your request unless our Terms and Conditions are met.

We appreciate your cooperation.

Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account suspension - Brother toners

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello sufiguy ; welcome to Adwords;

Quote:

After a lot of racking my brains I figured that I had 2 old accounts that I had setup 2-3 years ago and which had no ads running for at least the last 2 years. One of these accounts had my personal credit card and the other account the same business credit card that I used on the new account. I had completely forgotten about these inactive accounts. -
Were these accounts targeting the SAME domain?

The URL is http://www.oneminutetoner.com. This site sells Brother compatible toners and toner products for their laser printers. The KWsthat we have been using are brother toner, brother toner cartridge, etc. -

I get  "Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)"when clicking

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi MosheTLV
Thank you for taking the time out to see this. I fixed the broken link (there was a trailing period after the URL in my message).
Thanks!

MosheTLV wrote:

Hello sufiguy ; welcome to Adwords;

Quote:

After a lot of racking my brains I figured that I had 2 old accounts that I had setup 2-3 years ago and which had no ads running for at least the last 2 years. One of these accounts had my personal credit card and the other account the same business credit card that I used on the new account. I had completely forgotten about these inactive accounts. -

The URL is http://www.oneminutetoner.com. This site sells Brother compatible toners and toner products for their laser printers. The KWsthat we have been using are brother toner, brother toner cartridge, etc. -

I get  "Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)"when clicking

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

And as far as my first question: 

Quote:

After a lot of racking my brains I figured that I had 2 old accounts that I had setup 2-3 years ago and which had no ads running for at least the last 2 years. One of these accounts had my personal credit card and the other account the same business credit card that I used on the new account. I had completely forgotten about these inactive accounts. -

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not at all. These accounts were completely separate businesses and had nothing to do with each other whatsoever. 

Thanks for looking into this.!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author sufiguy
September 2015

Re: Account suspension - Printers toners

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

OK;

As far as the site's content ,  your toner site seems to be in compliance with the Policy, (I Did not check the html code for Policy compliance).

I am referring your case to Google . You should be contacted after your account is re-checked.

Please keep us posted.

-Moshe

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow. Moshe. Things changed dramatically in the last two minutes. After all these days you are the first person that offerred any real help. But what is most bizzare is that at almost exactly the same time you posted this message I got an email from Google.

I had given up all hope. I think you are just lucky for me. I really appreciate your time on this. However, I am keeping my fingers crossed and wait a couple days to make sure everything's running fine!

Hello XXXX,

Thank you for your email.

I'm happy to let you know that your account is no longer under review and your ads are now eligible to run. As ad serving also depends on various other factors, we recommend that you run a keyword diagnosis to confirm if your keywords are actually triggering your ads. Find steps to do so at http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=177620.

These reviews are normal. We periodically review accounts to ensure that all ads meet our quality standards, to verify billing information, and to maintain account security. Per our Terms and Conditions (https://adwords.google.com/select/tsandcsfinder), ads can undergo review at any time.

We prioritized the review of your account over other issues you might have written to us about. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Have a Nice day!

With Regards,

Hudson
The Google AdWords Team

OK;

As far as the site's content ,  your toner site seems to be in compliance with the Policy, (I Did not check the html code for Policy compliance).

I am referring your case to Google . You should be contacted after your account is re-checked.

Please keep us posted.

-Moshe

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

sufiguy

This is strange; Smiley Surprised

Usually, when an account is under review, you get an email asking you to wait patiently while the account is reviewed. Here, you got a message of account suspension, while it was going a review process.

Have your ads started to appear?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes they have! Really strange. I appealed this twice in two days, as well as called in once and replied to their boilerplate email. I got the message that you refer to (that my account is being reviewed and that I should wait a couple of days), 5-6 times, and within a few hours after each of those messages I got the account suspension notice. This is when I gave up all hope.
Its all good news for now. I just hope it stays that way.I still don't know what the exact issue was, but perhaps it was the multiple accounts issue, and so they were correct in the first place. But ther messaging is definitely confusing.
Thanks for all your help, and I will keep you posted in case something else crops up Smiley Happy
Thanks

MosheTLV wrote:

sufiguy

This is strange; Smiley Surprised

Usually, when an account is under review, you get an email asking you to wait patiently while the account is reviewed. Here, you got a message of account suspension, while it was going a review process.

Have your ads started to appear?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

sufiguy;

To wrap up, that there will be no misunderstanding , about the double serving Policy: "One account - one business"

You cannot target the same domain using multiple accounts!

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2600168