AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspension- Double serving rule is broken by mistake.

PG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
PG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am told to post this question as a new discussion so pIease forgive me if my question shows up more than once on this forum.

I need someone to help me. My dilemma is that i have committed the cardinal sin of having more than one adword accounts for the same business without knowing that it was against the terms and condions. Now i have called google to apologize and ask for forgiveness instead i am met with an automated machine that just tells me the same message as shown on my adword account. Is there a way to undo this?How do i get back to my clean and unsuspended life of adwords? So i can start advertising with adwords again.

Quick note: I am not using any of the promotional code and the account is probably 5 years old with long pauses in between.

Thanks in advance.

[Your Google AdWords account has been suspended because your business maintains multiple AdWords accounts simultaneously serving ads for similar or related keywords and/or businesses. If you think this suspension was made in error, please contact us though this]

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account suspension- Double serving rule is broken by mistake.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi PG,

Chances are slim that you'll be able to recover from this.  Google sees this as a blatant disregard for policy, one that is in place to maintain a level playing field for all advertisers. 

Think about it. If you have two accounts serving ads for the same keywords and you take up two ad slots per search, how is that fair for other advertisers?  See what I mean...

You can try to completely deactivate and delete one account and hope and pray for leniency from the Google Policy folks.  My experience here on the Community has driven home many things but one of the biggest impressions I have is to NEVER break policy.  I've seen so many advertisers get the full on "ban hammer" and they're never allowed to advertise with Google again.

Run a search here on the Community for suspension or suspended.  Check out how many results come up..very few of these advertisers have been able to recover.

Sorry I don't have better new for you.

Good Luck to you!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

PG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
PG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Tom i appreciate the honesty based on your experience. and i can understand your point. I just thought that it was an honest mistake and i should not be given a death sentence for it.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

I can appreciate that honest mistakes do happen.  Get rid of one of the accounts (Cancel It), if you still can access it to do so and re-submit your account for review to try again.

That's all you can do.  

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi again,

Also, I noticed that Zee, the Community manager here has sent your case for review (in the other thread).  Hang tight till they get back to you.

I do have a feeling you will get more of the same as far as the response from them though if there are still 2 accounts listed for the same business.

-Tom

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 6
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

PG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
PG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
PPCBossman and Zee
Thanks for both of your efforts to try to help me.
I am going to wait for few days and see how things unfold. In the mean time i will go ahead and cancel one of the accounts as suggested.
I will keep you folks posted.

Account suspension- Double serving rule is broken by mistake.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What if its someone else squatting on on your link and then redirecting it to another place? So the main display url is the same however the final links are completely different. So lets say amazon.com is on Google, along comes this dodgy guy and launches amazon.com/pagedoesnotexist - that main domain is approved yet the page that does not exists goes to another completely different page. how does one address this?