AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a small business and I tried to set up adwords a few years ago. I was suspended for some reason and after repeated "conversations" (I use inverted commas because i don't think the person(s) i spoke to actually understood common English well enough to answer a direct question like 'why has my account been suspended?') I could not get any helpful explanation. after a few months of not understanding why I gave up in frustration. All I wanted to know was what the problem was so I could deal with it, but I got no help at all.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Account suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;
What was the reason for suspension mentioned in the email received from Google? (Look for this email - it is the key for understanding the issue)
Please share the URL of the site suspended.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Link to URL

I can't remember (and no longer have the email) the specific details, but the person(s) I spoke to kept insisting that my site was linked to some other site that I'd never heard of. I tried to explain that, but got no sign that i was being taken seriously, and given no course of action I could take to resolve the issue.

Account suspended

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You'll have to investigate and find out. This is  the key  for fixing the initial violation. Without fixing the violation - you will not be able to appeal.. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried that, but they wouldn't take a moment to explain it to me, and after a series of very repetitive emails I rage quit the conversation and deleted it all. They never actually told me anything about the original violation, only that my page was associated with some other site I don't know anything about. 

Account suspended

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Did you have ads on your site?

Account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

no. i have a wordpress page where i was posting copies of my work, a link to a facebook forum, various reposted articles or videos that related to the field that might be of interest to people - stuff like that. It was designed to advertise my own business and i had hoped to bring some traffic with a blog, but after not getting any traction with adwords and having a bunch of other issues that showed up in threes i had to leave it at that.

Account suspended

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Did you have ads where the URL was the blog page?

Account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

no, i'm not even sure how to do that

Account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

the primary irritation was that i couldn't get a simle answer to what the problem was so i could fix it - if they had said something like "this page has ads on it you need to remove them," then i could have fixed it the next day and had it all resolved.