AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a small business and I tried to set up adwords a few years ago. I was suspended for some reason and after repeated "conversations" (I use inverted commas because i don't think the person(s) i spoke to actually understood common English well enough to answer a direct question like 'why has my account been suspended?') I could not get any helpful explanation. after a few months of not understanding why I gave up in frustration. All I wanted to know was what the problem was so I could deal with it, but I got no help at all.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Account suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;
What was the reason for suspension mentioned in the email received from Google? (Look for this email - it is the key for understanding the issue)
Please share the URL of the site suspended.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Link to URL

I can't remember (and no longer have the email) the specific details, but the person(s) I spoke to kept insisting that my site was linked to some other site that I'd never heard of. I tried to explain that, but got no sign that i was being taken seriously, and given no course of action I could take to resolve the issue.

Account suspended

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You'll have to investigate and find out. This is  the key  for fixing the initial violation. Without fixing the violation - you will not be able to appeal.. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried that, but they wouldn't take a moment to explain it to me, and after a series of very repetitive emails I rage quit the conversation and deleted it all. They never actually told me anything about the original violation, only that my page was associated with some other site I don't know anything about. 

Account suspended

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Did you have ads on your site?

Account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

no. i have a wordpress page where i was posting copies of my work, a link to a facebook forum, various reposted articles or videos that related to the field that might be of interest to people - stuff like that. It was designed to advertise my own business and i had hoped to bring some traffic with a blog, but after not getting any traction with adwords and having a bunch of other issues that showed up in threes i had to leave it at that.

Account suspended

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Did you have ads where the URL was the blog page?

Account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

no, i'm not even sure how to do that

Account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

the primary irritation was that i couldn't get a simle answer to what the problem was so i could fix it - if they had said something like "this page has ads on it you need to remove them," then i could have fixed it the next day and had it all resolved.