AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended years ago. Any way to get a second chance?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My adwords account was suspended around 3 years ago when I was young and dumb enough to not read the adwords policies, and I ran ads for a site that sold facebook likes, followers, etc. Yea, I know now how sketchy those are, but I was naive. Anyway, at the time I tried many times to appeal the suspension but it never happened. The site no longer exists, but I still own the domain.

I know suspensions are basically permanent, but does anyone have advice? I'd like to use adwords again in the future for sure.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account suspended years ago. Any way to get a second chance?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Please share the URL in violation and we we'll check with Google how severe was the violation.
I must say, though, that based on past experience, chances are slim...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Angstrom
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Angstrom ;

Great news!

The account can be un-suspended if you fix the site and make the business model fully complies with the Policy;

When  the site complies, you can resubmit the site  for a review, using this link;

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/site_policy

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok great, I'll give it a shot

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is that still the only recourse? My account was suspended about 5 years ago and I don't have the old domain anymore. I can't even remember what it was. It might be registered to someone else now and I have no intention of using any of my old domains again. Shouldn't only my new domains matter in terms of Adwords compliance?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Robert;
Yes, fixing a domain is a firm condition by Google, prior to any appeal consideration,
Your only option is to get control over the domain and fix it.