AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended without being used since 2010

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have tried AdWords once back in 2010 after getting a coupon from my hosting company back then. After finishing the amount I never used AdWords again (no campaigns, no ads running or any outstanding payments).

Today I received a notification that my account was in violation of a policy issue: Phishing. That took my completely by surprise and I first thought this had something to do with my AdSense account. After the first panic I realized that this was in reality related to AdWords that I haven’t used for years.

I right away checked the site in question, but everything is in order (website is online since 2006), no recent changes no funny links…

As not being sure on what is going on I decided to cancel the AdWords account, until the issue was solved. I sent a message to the support of AdWords and AdSense to find out what was going on and also avoid any trouble. Some hours later I got another email as a reply from AdWords stating that for multiple violations my account has been suspended (without any further explanation).

What can I do?

Any guidance will be highly appreciated!

Tim

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account suspended without being used since 2010

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Please provide your URL. We have no tools to check phishing case will be escalated to Google
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The URL for the site is http://www.limaeasy.com

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
How do you know that the suspension was due to phishing?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First of all thank you for having a look at this!

The initial email from Google AdWords stated the following:

Hello,

We wanted to alert you that one of your sites violates our advertising policies. Therefore, we won't be able to run any of your ads that link to that site, and any new ads pointing to that site will also be disapproved.

Here's what you can do to fix your site and hopefully get your ad running

again:

1. Make the necessary changes to your site that currently violates our

policies:

Display URL: limaeasy.com

Policy issue: Phishing

Details & instructions: 

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/190443?hl=en&utm_source=policy&utm_medium=email&utm_c...

2. Resubmit your site to us, following the instructions in the link above. 

If your site complies with our policies, we can approve it to start running again.

Repeated violations of our advertising policies could result in a suspension of your AdWords account, so it's important to address any issues as soon as possible by reviewing our policies. To learn more about AdWords suspension policies, please visit http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/164786?hl=en&utm_source=policy&utm_medium=email&utm_c....

Sincerely,

The Google AdWords Team

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tim K
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

OK; Got it. Please remove your account ID !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the great assistance provided in solving this case!!!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Has it been fixed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, today I got an email stating:

Hello,

Great news! We've re-reviewed your site and determined that the following site complies with our Advertising Policies:

Customer ID: xxxx
Display URL: limaeasy.com

In my AdWords account it still shows the "red bar" with the suspension notice, but after receiving the mentioned email I'm pretty sure it should disappear soon...!

TNX

Tim

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Ohhh. Great news. I haven't received any info from Google yet...
Anyway, Good luck with your campaign.