AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended with no recent changes made?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had recently made a small website for fun and wanted to try advertising with AdWords.

When I go to my account I get the message:

Your account is suspended - We've had to suspend your AdWords account because it contains major or repeated violations of our advertising policies.

Now I don't understand this as my ad was approved and nothing has changed on my website since.

Is there a way I can know what I did wrong? I believe this is an error but I am not sure Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account suspended with no recent changes made?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Tobias,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

If the account is suspended for repeated violations, then I am afraid to say that your account cannot be reinstated.

Alright, I have few more questions, have you advertised any other website from the same account earlier, please provide the current website URL,

- Prashanth Reniguntala

Re: Account suspended with no recent changes made?

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Tobias,

We occasionally do "sweeps" where we look for previously-approved ads and sites that are violating the AdWords policies. You might have been caught in one of those. We're also constantly improving our models for detecting violating sites, so it's possible that the models just now got "smart" enough to detect a violation.

I think the "major or repeated violations" suspension can refer to your site or to multiple ad disapprovals for important policies. Do you have past disapproved ads in your account? If so, for what policies?

Laura
Ads Review engineer