AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended, not sure why?!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So recently my account was suspended. I have only been advertising on google for about a week. I have my own website which I use to promote affiliate products. The drama started last week when I created an ad to a landing page that was not complete and as a result the ad was not approved with the reason 'Destination URL not working'. I promptly fixed the landing page and resubmitted my ad, but once again the ad wasnt approved. The next day my account was suspended. I went back and deleted the ad that wasnt approved and doubled checked my other campaigns. I reviewed the terms and conditions and submitted a request to remove the suspension. The request wasnt succesful and I received another email saying that my account was suspended because it does not comply with our advertising policies and our adwords terms and conditions. Now im not sure what to do, I cant contact support as via phone as it directs me to the website, I tried sending multiple emails but I just get an automated response saying my account is suspended. I am really at a loss as to how I can fix the issue. Here is my site: http://www.healthproductpromotions.com/ 

Any help appreciated!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account suspended, not sure why?!

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey AussieBrett, how are things?

I know that's something you don't want to hear, but usually almost every Adwords account destined to promote affiliate products gets suspended, specially on the health segment.

Affiliate products tends to use a communication tone focused on "miracles" and "fast results" and that kind of thing. Google doesn't apply well to that, even though you provide a very well elaborated explanation of the product.

My suggestion would be to use other media channels to promote your affiliate products rather than Adwords.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi there;
The issue with your site are the claims made.
You are calming cure / healing benefits which are not supported in a common scientific acceptable trial / test.
This business model cannot be promoted on Google.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply Leandro. The most frustrating part is that the suspension reason is not clear and no body at Adwords wants to try and assist you to resolve the matter.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply MosheTLV. I may have to rethink my approach.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Aussie,

You are right you will never get the exact reason for the suspension, Which exact policy you are violating.
And your website is really not friendly with adwords policies.
Check your internal links, are you aware where they are redirecting.
you dont have any privacy policy.
No disclaimer on landing page.
Payment options.
return and refund policy.
There is nothing available at all.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply. The internal links will only work in the US, my adwords campaigns only target the US so this is not an issue. Nothing is actually purchased through my, only a 3rd party site so I don't believe I need payment options, return and refund policy etc. No user information is captured on my landing page either so I do not need a privacy policy.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Ok.
I got all the points. But as you can not guarantee or make any such commitment without mentioning the T&C or any such policies. So, it is not allowed in adwords.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’