AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended help

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 6 years ago I ran an ad for 1 day. I was confused as to how to do it properly, and canceled it to properly review it. I was charges .81 for  the day. A while later I received a charge on my credit card for approx 51.00. I emailed adwords to dispute the charge, as I had canceled. They said it was legit. It turned out that the ad was running on 2 google accounts which I had no idea since I had only done it on the 1. They obviously linked my accounts. Anyway, they gave me the money back after disputing it. I forgot this even happened. So 6 years later, I try to advertise and am shut down. After chatting online with a few techs, I was told that the money refunded didn't mean that thay agreed, rather wrote off the expense. I had no idea what a nightmare  this would cause. I was told that I could pay the monies owed, and a penalty, and would be reinstated. However I now received an email saying it is permanently suspended. Please help.I would never intentionally violate a TOA. Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account suspended help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
This is too specific case for us to help since it requires to access your account. I will escalate the case to Google asking customer service to reckeck the case.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. It turns out it was due to a double account 6 years ago. They say I owe money, but the case is closed. I had no idea that this happened. I canceled my ad, but apparently it was still running. I caught wind of it when they kept charging my credit card. I never saw the ad while they say it was running. I appealed with my bank and google gave the money back. I thought the problem was resolved. I tried to create a new ad yesterday and they said no I spoke online with a tech and they assured me that if I paid, it would be ok due to the misunderstanding. I would never not pay a bill. Even after I got the suspension letter, I offered to pay the fee to clear my debt even if they wouldnt reinstate me. I am an honest businessman and would never take advantage. I am very frustrated. I would appreciate any insight. I am a small business owner.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Let's wait for customer service to contact you. Pls keep us posted.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I received an email from the tech working on it and she said billing wouldn't budge. I even asked to pay the debt regardless but they said no. Says I owe 50.00 and a penalty to a total of 99.00. I not sure how to fix this. I am an honest guy.

Kevin McIntyre
www.kevinmcphotograph.com
818-951-8583

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
So, if the debt was not the issue, what did she was the issue?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just that billing was not willing to budge and that I was suspended forever/ I had no idea this happened as it was 6 years ago. I canceled my account, but they kept charging. I did what any other business owner would do which is let the credit card company know it was not permitted. When they refunded kit, I thought it was ok. It turned out that the adwords campaign was running on 2 google accounts. I have no idea how that even happened. I canceled my ad after one day, as I was actually confused about the whole thing and wanted to make sure it was done right. My wife had taken ill and ended up having a kidney transplant, so I put everything on hold.
Little did I know that 6 years later , it would haunt me. Again, I tried to correct the billing, but they said no. I would even be willing to pay in advance. As I mentioned a few times, I am an honest guy. I want to pay the debt owed, even if they suspend me for life. I want to do what is right. No budging on their part.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
I am afraid we cannot help further. We do not work at Google, and have no influence over Google's decisions.
I am really sorry.