AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended help

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 6 years ago I ran an ad for 1 day. I was confused as to how to do it properly, and canceled it to properly review it. I was charges .81 for  the day. A while later I received a charge on my credit card for approx 51.00. I emailed adwords to dispute the charge, as I had canceled. They said it was legit. It turned out that the ad was running on 2 google accounts which I had no idea since I had only done it on the 1. They obviously linked my accounts. Anyway, they gave me the money back after disputing it. I forgot this even happened. So 6 years later, I try to advertise and am shut down. After chatting online with a few techs, I was told that the money refunded didn't mean that thay agreed, rather wrote off the expense. I had no idea what a nightmare  this would cause. I was told that I could pay the monies owed, and a penalty, and would be reinstated. However I now received an email saying it is permanently suspended. Please help.I would never intentionally violate a TOA. Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account suspended help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
This is too specific case for us to help since it requires to access your account. I will escalate the case to Google asking customer service to reckeck the case.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. It turns out it was due to a double account 6 years ago. They say I owe money, but the case is closed. I had no idea that this happened. I canceled my ad, but apparently it was still running. I caught wind of it when they kept charging my credit card. I never saw the ad while they say it was running. I appealed with my bank and google gave the money back. I thought the problem was resolved. I tried to create a new ad yesterday and they said no I spoke online with a tech and they assured me that if I paid, it would be ok due to the misunderstanding. I would never not pay a bill. Even after I got the suspension letter, I offered to pay the fee to clear my debt even if they wouldnt reinstate me. I am an honest businessman and would never take advantage. I am very frustrated. I would appreciate any insight. I am a small business owner.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Let's wait for customer service to contact you. Pls keep us posted.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I received an email from the tech working on it and she said billing wouldn't budge. I even asked to pay the debt regardless but they said no. Says I owe 50.00 and a penalty to a total of 99.00. I not sure how to fix this. I am an honest guy.

Kevin McIntyre
www.kevinmcphotograph.com
818-951-8583

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
So, if the debt was not the issue, what did she was the issue?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just that billing was not willing to budge and that I was suspended forever/ I had no idea this happened as it was 6 years ago. I canceled my account, but they kept charging. I did what any other business owner would do which is let the credit card company know it was not permitted. When they refunded kit, I thought it was ok. It turned out that the adwords campaign was running on 2 google accounts. I have no idea how that even happened. I canceled my ad after one day, as I was actually confused about the whole thing and wanted to make sure it was done right. My wife had taken ill and ended up having a kidney transplant, so I put everything on hold.
Little did I know that 6 years later , it would haunt me. Again, I tried to correct the billing, but they said no. I would even be willing to pay in advance. As I mentioned a few times, I am an honest guy. I want to pay the debt owed, even if they suspend me for life. I want to do what is right. No budging on their part.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
I am afraid we cannot help further. We do not work at Google, and have no influence over Google's decisions.
I am really sorry.