AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended for multiple accounts and promotional credit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had made following errors with my adwords:

1. Since my original account was under review for a very long time for no apparent reason, I created a second account to finally get the ads running

2. In the second account I applied a promotional credit I had received from a hosting provider. But I had already used another promotional credit in my original account.

Now my accounts are suspended for having multiple accounts and using more than one promotional credit. I realize it was a wrong thing to do but immediately after I got first notification from Google I removed the second account and only have one adwords account left without any balance from any promotional credit. Only balance I have is from credit card.

I have sent several requests to Google and called the info center but I only receive automated replies starting with " We've reviewed your account and found that it unfortunately doesn't comply with the following promotional credit requirements..."

Is there any way to get the account running again? Or no ads from me and from the entire company can be ever run again?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Account suspended for multiple accounts and promotional credit

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Lauri; Welcome;.

I am afraid that the answer is NO;

Once an account is suspended due to policy violation the decision is final, and the account cannot be un-suspended.

Google position is, that user should familiarize themselves with AdWords policy prior to starting advertising

I am sorry; but it looks that we cannot help you to reinstate your account.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for a quck response!

Does this mean that anybody who in the future will try to create ads for the same domain will get their accounts permanently suspended as well?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

DELETED

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I deleted my adwords account does it make the domain itself comply with the policy?

What I'm trying to understand here is whether the suspension prevents my colleagues from running google ads for our domain in the future? Or is the suspension connected only to myself as an individual and if I'm no longer affiliated with the domain in Adwords, the domain becomes compliant again?

Note that the thread you posted is about content violation in the website which was never the case for this domain. It was about having multiple accounts.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Sorry Lauri- I got confused with another discussion on suspensions, and my answers "crossed".

As long as the domain is in compliance with the Policy, it can be advertised on another account. The specific account, that had been suspended, -  cannot be restored.

-Moshe