AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended for allegedly encouraging dishonest behavior

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've spoken with google three times and had three different answers.  My business is almost identical to many companies, but ListShack.com (my site) is being suspended.  

We value honesty and fairness, so we don't allow the promotion of products or services that are designed to enable dishonest behavior.

Examples
You may use the following NON exhaustive list of recent products/services or trends that we have determined to be in scope as a reference/example for clarification when required but this should not be used in place of a boundary based decision. The following products and services are likely to be promoting falsified user activity services:
  • Template or pre-generated "ready made" sites intended to profit from AdSense ads or ads from other publisher networks
  • Click/impression/conversion inflation programs
  • Illegitimate pay-to-read, pay-to-surf programs, and pay-to-click programs where users receive monetary incentives for clicking on ads
  • Auto-surfing and automated ad clicking
  • Illegitimate traffic exchange programs
  • Software that enables bulk pop-up or pop-under messaging by IP range

My business does NONE of the above.  My competitors spend thousands of dollars a day (InfoGroup.com, SalesGenie.com, ListGiant.com, CFMLeads.com) and they all do basically the same thing.  Why is my account getting suspended but not theirs?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account suspended for allegedly encouraging dishonest behavior

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
Your business model violates the "spam techniques" (aka "abuse of the ad network") section of the Policy, and, hence, cannot be promoted on Google;
See this similar discussion, on the same topic;
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/Suspended-for-quot-Spam-Techniques-quot/t...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't do anything with spam. I don't even sell email addresses.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just spoke with them again and this makes absolutely no sense. At least a dozen of my competitors use them spending a total of literally millions of dollars and they don't have any of the disclaimers I'm being told I have to ad to my site to get it approved. This is phenomenally disappointing.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Joshua,

I'm no Google employee but I can tell you this from personal experience. Continuously looking at your competitors gets you nowhere when trying to comply with an Adwords policy.

The reason is there are so many variables involved as to why they'd approve a competitors website and not yours. And after all, it's their network.

What I'm trying to say is that I've never seen the argument "Why them, but not me" work, ever. I know it can be frustrating knowing that some of your competitors may get away with the same thing, you might be right but at the same time you never know the full picture.

My advice is to focus on your website and the policies they say you broke. Nothing else. Looking at your competitors at this point consumes your energy and just puts barriers between you and the possible recovery of your account.

If competitors are breaking the policy, feel free to report them. It's up to Google to take action, or not. But either way, if they take action it will be to suspend the competitor and not to allow you to run something because someone else is "supposedly" running.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I do appreciate the response. I'm not looking at them as much of a "why can't I do it?" as "what is it they're doing to be compliant". I don't believe my competitors should have their accounts banned; I believe there is a miscommunication going on that has them under the impression I'm doing something I'm not. I've been running ads on a similar site for years on the same account doing basically the exact same thing without issues either.