AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended: Suspicious behavior in the payment activity (through my own cards?)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I do not really understand why my account is suspended.

I checked the transaction history of my Adwords account and found that I had made payments using my friend's debit/credit card. The last payment was made in 2014. Maybe that is the case my account got suspended. I can prove that the payments were made with his consent by providing his documents. Any chances to get my account reinstated?

I would be thankful if anyone can please show me some light.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account suspended: Suspicious behavior in the payment activity (through my own cards?)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Any chance your friend also has an AdWords account that is funded by that same credit card?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Re: Account suspended: Suspicious behavior in the payment activity (through my own cards?)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Oh... This may be the case since he is a site owner himself. Can that be an issue?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I have seen cases where multiple adwords accounts use the same card and they get suspended because Google thinks you are trying to scam the system. For instance one time an advertiser who was a locksmith in Chicago advertising website abc.com and his friend who happened to also own a locksmith business in Chicago advertising website xyz.com. In this case it was not really multiple advertisers but one advertiser trying to scam the system and take up the bulk of the top position paid search ads for ultimately the same company. I am not at all saying you are doing this but Google cannot tell the difference all the time and has certain flags that can cause suspensions.

If you feel that your suspension was not handled correctly then give Google a call and they will certainly look into it for you! 866-2-google.

Good Luck!

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your initiative to help me, Kim!

I understand the issue. I just want that Google should at lease give us a proper chance to justify our situation. I have not even spent a huge amount to be doing something suspicious. The money was actually paid to Google (even though my friend's card was used, I paid him the amount).

I tried to call Google for the same as suggested by you. Whenever I provide my 10 digit account number, the recorded message tells me to appeal using an online link or by email. The message is repeated two times and then the call gets hung up.

I did appeal to Adwords about my account and they did not consider re-instating the account. This is sad. I can actually present any proof required to justify my situation.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I would go through the email support channel they suggested. They are usually really quick to respond (under 24 hours).

This link should get your where you need to go https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/policy_none?hl=en&cfnti=lang.nota&cft=3

Have your Customer ID number ready (upper right corner of your account pages in this format xxx-xxx-xxxx).

Good Luck,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did send the reconsideration request one time, few days ago. Since, the last payment was made in 2014 and I really do not remember when the account was suspended exactly. I mistakenly said that the payments were made from my card. They replied that their decision is final and they cannot activate the account. Later I realized that I had made payments using my friend's card and confirmed it by checking the billing history.

I sent another request on the same form again, stating that I paid using my friend's card and I can provide proofs of his approval and any other documents required.

I really feel hopeless. Let's wait for what they decide.

I thank you again for your help, Kim!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Well sounds like you have done what you can for now. Give them a little time to check it out.

For what it's worth once they say the decision is final it is rarely overturned.

Take Care!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Kim!

Sorry for not being able to reply yesterday.

I received the reply from Adwords stating that they cannot re-instate the account. I feel so helpless. Smiley Sad I do not have any bad intention and I did not even violate their terms if they just let me prove myself.