AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account suddenly got suspended due to billing information, support replies total nonsense

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Something strange happened to our account. Our campaign has been suspended and the Campaign management page shows a strange reason for it:

Your Google AdWords account has been suspended because your billing information in this or a related account could not be verified.

It's very strange as we have not changed our bank account or address. We have tried contacting support, but every time we get exactly the same machine-generated message stating that the account has been suspended as it does not comply with the Terms and Conditions. When we reply and ask for details we get exactly the same message and the Campaign Management page still mentions that the billing information cannot be verified.

Can anyone tell me what's going on? Is there a possibility to contact the actual support, or is entire AdWords support pretty much a script sending the same reply to everyone?

The product we advertise is VisualGDB Android Edition - a tool that helps debugging native Android apps.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Account suddenly got suspended due to billing information, support replies total nonsense

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 14
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Zee, Moshe, Jack and everyone else,

Looks like our ads are running again. Thank you guys very much!

View solution in original post

Re: Account suddenly got suspended due to billing information, support replies total nonsense

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi there,

Sorry to hear of your difficulties.

I can't help with what your issue is, nor can anyone on this forum without seeing the account.

The best thing to do is contact adwords from the below link:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=en&answer=8206

By phone, instant chat or form fill you should be able to communicate with them properly. A while back I heard that if you replied to the automated email, a human rep would reply to your reply, but obviously this is not the case. Hope you get it sorted.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We have tried it several times. If we contact through the website, we just get an automated reply stating "you have been suspended". Replying to it results in a 2 day delay and then exactly the same message text having a human name below it.

If we call, the answering machine asks to dial in our account number and then keeps on playing the pre-recorded message that our account has been suspended.

Are there any other ways to contact support?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

When you call is there an option to not give an account number and wait to speak to an operative?

This post has been flagged to Google so maybe they will be able to spot it and help but I can't promise.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, I'll try calling again and avoiding entering the number. Thanks for flagging the post. Hopefully, someone can shine some light on the nonsense we're getting last days.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello sysprogs;

Have you verified that you fully comply with software requirements / guidelines of the Policy? (Both technical and commercial. On the commercial side, for instance, I haven't noticed clear pricing / billing info.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

I'm totally confused now. Our buy page clearly lists prices for all editions and all formal billing issues are handled by Avangate - our sales partner. We also have privacy policy, impressum and other legal pages provided.

Do we need to copy some of the legal information somewhere else? Explicitly mention it in AdWords account settings?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

sysprogs;

Billing info should be easily accessible.....I looked quite a bit and don't see it on the main navigation bar.

You do not need to quote the Policy

However, you must fulfill the guidelines. There are a number of technical requirements. I don't have the technical tools to test, but you must make sure that ALL confirm,

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Many thanks for looking through our problem.

Unfortunately, I'm confused again. Maybe we are talking about different things. What do you mean by "billing information"? The legal information (e.g. tax ID) is available on the impressum page that is linked from the bottom of every other page, as required by German law.

As far as I have understood, the idea of the "unclear billing" page is that we should inform the user how much she or he will pay before the payment occurs. This is fullfilled, as the prices are clearly listed on the buy page and the user cannot buy the product without going to that page and seeing the prices. What other information should we provide?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Quote:
  • As far as I have understood, the idea of the "unclear billing" page is that we should inform the user how much she or he will pay before the payment occurs. This is fullfilled, as the prices are clearly listed on thebuy page and the user cannot buy the product without going to that page and seeing the prices.

My understanding is that pricing should be clear, even if a user doesn't start a buying process. How can I get to the "buy page" from the home page?

Next: verify technical compliance with your technical staff.