AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account has been suspended for violation of Google's Advertising Policies.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I recieved a two email's from Google saying.

Hello AdWords Advertiser,

Your AdWords account has been suspended because it doesn't comply with our Advertising Policies and our AdWords Terms and Conditions. Please note that this means your account and any related accounts have been suspended, you can't create any new accounts, and your ads will no longer run on Google, our search partners or on Display Network placements.

If this is an error, we want to get your account back up and running as quickly as possible, and your Google team is here to help.

My ad was:

Buy Fb Likes

100% Real Guaranteed Facebook likes

Get Targeted Fans. Buy Now!

http://www.likethisfanpage.com/buy-facebook-fans/

This was my first attempt at doing adwords, I recieved no warning before hand, that i was doing something wrong.

kind regards

Avis

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Account has been suspended for violation of Google's Advertising Policies.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Avis,

I'm not from Google & don't have any relationship with the policy team but I'll give you a couple of things ot think about.

With social media taking off as it has been over the past few years, social signals are becoming more of an indicator for the Google algorithims so buying likes "could" be seen in a similar way as buying links. It's trying to artificially inflate the signal strenght which is against Google's webmaster guidelines. If this is the case, they aren't going to be seen to allow this kind of advertising on AdWords.

If we look at it another way, it could possibly be in breach of the "sale of free items and official services" policy as you don't have to pay for a real like on your Facebook page. "Google AdWords doesn't allow the sale of items or services that are otherwise available for free."

It just might not be possible to promote your service through AdWords.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Avis,

Purefuzz is right; we treat this the same way as buying links to increase pagerank.  That ad (and your entire business model) is in violation of our policy on spam techniques, specifically on spamming social network sites. We do not allow ads for services that artificially inflate "likes", "+1s", inbound links, customer reviews, page views, ad clicks, or anything else that is intended to deceive users.

Laura

AdWords engineer.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Avis,

I'm not from Google & don't have any relationship with the policy team but I'll give you a couple of things ot think about.

With social media taking off as it has been over the past few years, social signals are becoming more of an indicator for the Google algorithims so buying likes "could" be seen in a similar way as buying links. It's trying to artificially inflate the signal strenght which is against Google's webmaster guidelines. If this is the case, they aren't going to be seen to allow this kind of advertising on AdWords.

If we look at it another way, it could possibly be in breach of the "sale of free items and official services" policy as you don't have to pay for a real like on your Facebook page. "Google AdWords doesn't allow the sale of items or services that are otherwise available for free."

It just might not be possible to promote your service through AdWords.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Avis,

Purefuzz is right; we treat this the same way as buying links to increase pagerank.  That ad (and your entire business model) is in violation of our policy on spam techniques, specifically on spamming social network sites. We do not allow ads for services that artificially inflate "likes", "+1s", inbound links, customer reviews, page views, ad clicks, or anything else that is intended to deceive users.

Laura

AdWords engineer.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Laura

Thanks for your reply. I did not know I was doing anything wrong. Theses are real people, obtain from a mixture of Facebook advertising and network of international Facebook contacts .

This was my first time doing a Google ad. If I recieved a warning I would have remove the ad.

And yes I should of read the Google adwords policy more, and now that I have I will not make the same mistake again.

I just want to use Google adwords account only for advertsing local businesses, will I be able to get my account re-instated?

Kind regards

Avis

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Purefuzz

Thanks, I did not know. This was my first time advertising on Google, I should of read the Google ad policy more carefully.

I will not be promoting this site anymore.

Kind regards

Avis

Re: Account has been suspended for violation of Google's Advertising P

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got this message Your Google AdWords account has been suspended for violation of Google's Advertising Policies in this or a related account, how can I find out what is the suspension is for in detail

Account has been suspended for violation of Google's Advertising Policies.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't know what I violated but my account get suspended after I pause my campaign. I don't know what to do because I use the ads for my business

Please help me out