AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account got suspended. Some site violate policy, can I run ads for sites which are fine?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Recently my adwords account got suspended. I had several campaigns/websites in my account. Most of the websites got suspended because of the bridge page policy. But I also ran ads for one of my client's website in the same account. His website is very good and follows all policies, this website also did not receive any warnings etc. But since the whole account got suspended, the client's website's ads also stopped running.

Now my client is furious with me and he wants to create his own adwords account and manage the campaign himself.

Can he create separate account and run ads for his website?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account got suspended. Some site violate policy, can I run ads for sites which are fine?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Sunnysing

Welcome to the community.

Yes,he can create separate account and run ads for his website there.

Regards

Azad

Re: Account got suspended. Some site violate policy, can I run ads for sites which are fine?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks for the confirmation Azad.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello;

I have to disagree here;

Once you are suspended YOU (=the advertiser) cannot advertise anymore with Google, or open another account. If you do - it will instantly suspended. This is clearly mentioned in the suspension email you received.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe,

Pleased to get you in conversation here.

At the first message, Sunnysing said that he owns an account and he runs several campaigns within that.But for bridge page policy of some campaigns,the whole account has been suspended in which there was a fresh site of his another client--and that site had no problem of breaking any policy.But the activity of that campaign has also been stopped since the account has been suspended for other sites' problem.

Now his question is, the owner of that fresh site want to create another adwords account and run another campaign with that fresh site which has been a victim in sunnysing's suspended account but there was no warning for it from adwords-- Can he (the actual site owner) run campaign for this site creating another adwords account?

And I have answered YES, that site owner (the client ) can run campaign with this site creating a seperate adwords account.

Do you still disagree?

Hope to get a clear idea.

Regards

Azad

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Since the "other campaign" was not running on a separate account linked using an MCC, all landing pages that were linked to the account were suspended and cannot be advertised. Since Google cannot make the difference whose campaign was it (as said; all campaigns were using the same account) - it linked all landing pages to the same original owner. This owner (=the person) cannot advertise on Google any site.

This is the reason I always recommend clients that outsource their campaigns, to do that only through giving access to MCC. This way, if something happens, they can regain control over the account

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello from me too again

MosheTLV you have said  "This owner (=the person) cannot advertise on Google any site."

But the point is This owner is not going to advertise again , another one is going to advertise the specific site with another new account.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@asazad555;

But the landing page (=website) is linked to an account that had been suspended. So, Google does not let this landing page (=website ) to be promoted, since from Google's perspective, this site was and still is, owned by an account owner that was suspended.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry I  am still confused.

Lets say, I have opended an adwords account and I have five websites within that including www.google.com and I have got account suspension  for the other four sites.

So, can't google.com advertise anymore ?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

In my opinion YES: Unless these sites are part of an MCC- then, every website is linked only to its own account. (While in your case, all websites were under one account!.)