AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account got suspended. Billing address issues?

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hi,

Yesterday I got the following email from google adwords:

Dear AdWords Advertiser,

We periodically review accounts for security purposes and to verify billing information. As a result of this review, your account and any related accounts have been suspended, and your ads are no longer running on Google. If you believe your account was suspended in error, please contact us through the AdWords Help Center.

Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team

I sent a reply to them that the billing info on the account is correct and that I hadn't had any previous similar issues with it.

The reply that I got stated as follows:

While reviewing your account, we found violations of our AdWords policies in this or a related account. As a result, your account has unfortunately been suspended, and your ads will no longer run on Google.

I can't figure out which of the policies got violated if any. No explanation was sent by the support team. I did not receive any prior warnings that I was in violation of google's policies or anything.  All my ads were linked to the following webpages:

http://bit.ly/YLAJ8v

http://bit.ly/ZQDybT

http://bit.ly/15vp6Zj

Could anyone give a feasible explanation how to fix the relevant issue and if this suspension is permanent or not? My adwords account # is 475-415-0079

Thanks in advance,

Robert

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account got suspended. Billing address issues?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with that. It sounds like the AdWords team has already re-reviewed your account and has looked through the case. Unfortunately in this situation, there isn't too much that we can do to help on this end I'm afraid. 

A. 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello there;

Your site and the products promoted, clearly violate the "healthcare and medicine" section of the Policy, and the "advertiser claims" section, as well.

Read these sections. You will instantly notice the clauses violated;

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

N/A
# 4
N/A

Hi Moshe,

Thank you for your feedback. However, I still think that our adwords account was suspended by mistake because none of the involved google personnel has carefully reviewed the advertised pages. First of all, none of the products were advertised as pharmaceuticals. We are a dietary supplement company. All webpage content is in line with FDA requirements and a relevant disclaimer is present on the advertised pages. Second of all, there are tons of other dietary supplement companies that have their ads running on google's network. How come they are deemed in line with google's advertising terms and conditions? All our ads specifically stated that we are selling Military Grade Nutraceuticals. Military Grade is our company's registered trademark. I still think that google should carefully review all account info before banning anyone without a proper investigation into the matter. Hope anyone at google could look into the matter.

Best regards,

Robert.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello Robert;

Well,... I think that Google did not make a mistake. Please thoroughly read and understand the Policy:

A few examples: (there are many moreSmiley Happy

• >>>"This hair loss formula can be used on its own or as nutritional support for conventional treatments of various types of hair loss conditions." - the policy prohibits advertising that promote curing.

• >>"Recent research has proven that while many of our required nutrients are found in the foods we eat; additional nutritional support is also required at different stages of life."- This is an unsupported / unverified - claim

• >>"The positive effect (increased stamina, endurance, mind-muscle connection) can be achieved (felt) during the first training/fitness" - again an unverified claim...
  • Have you verified that all the ingredients of your products are allowed? (what is DMAE?)

There are many more violations.

My view: The current content and structure of this site cannot be promoted

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’