AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey AdWords Community - Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and hopeful chime in with your thoughts..

My company is somewhat of a high volume AdWords advertiser ($4,500,000 in spend in 2015)...Logging in this morning to check on the account and it was suspended..

What's odd is that when I go to the appeal form - it tells me I have a suspended site and ads that are disapproved. Yet, when I check every campaign and every ad (both active and non active), nothing is disapproved or suspended..

I also checked our billing history to confirm payments were being made, which they were..

Does anyone have suggestions on how to determine what caused an account suspension if everything on the surface looks normal? 

Really appreciate any input here, thanks again. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Account Suspension

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Mo S

A site suspension means that you cannot promote this website. The website was disabled. If you don't fix the site, within a reasonable time frame, your account will also be suspended and you will no longer be able to promote any site (if you are promoting more than one domain, using the same account)

Can you share the URL

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mo S you would have received an email notification of suspension from Google.  Can you locate that?

Can you share the exact wording of any suspension dialogues you can locate?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Gladly - The exact email is below with the Customer ID removed.. But it's just strange to me then I visit the link to file an appeal it tells me I have a suspended site yet nothing in the account is suspended. Actually, every single campaigns and ad is still labeled as"eligible" Thanks in advance for any help getting to the bottom of this.. This message was sent from a notification-only email address that does not accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us through the AdWords Help Center at https://adwords.google.com/support/bin/request.py. Hello AdWords Advertiser, Your AdWords account has been suspended because it doesn't comply with our Advertising Policies and our AdWords Terms and Conditions. Please note that this means your account and any related accounts have been suspended, you can't create any new accounts, and your ads will no longer run on Google, our search partners, or on Display Network placements. If this is an error, we want to get your account back up and running as quickly as possible, and your Google team is here to help. Here's the account: Customer ID: (Removed) To learn more about AdWords suspension policies, please visit https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2375414?guide=28446&rd=1&hl=en_US . If you have a prepaid balance remaining in your account, you can request a refund at any time by following the instructions at https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8440?hl=en_US. This message was sent from a notification-only email address that doesn't accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message. If you'd like to reach us, you can contact us through the methods described at https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/form_r0?hl=en_US. Sincerely, The Google AdWords Team
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Mo S

A site suspension means that you cannot promote this website. The website was disabled. If you don't fix the site, within a reasonable time frame, your account will also be suspended and you will no longer be able to promote any site (if you are promoting more than one domain, using the same account)

Can you share the URL

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The issue is none of the sites being advertised are suspended in my account. Every single ad is "approved" and "eligible" but the account as a whole is suspended.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

>>"But it's just strange to me then I visit the link to file an appeal it tells me I have a suspended site yet nothing in the account is suspended"

In my view, your website was  initially suspended, and later, the whole account was suspended,.

Anyway, technically, once an account is suspended,  there is a red bar at the top of the page. All other settings are intact.

Most likely the suspension is due to a landing page violation. You must fix the violation.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Really appreciate the response but when you say "in my view, your website was initially suspended" - can you clarify what you mean by that and what you're seeing that leads you to that conclusion?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Well... Based on the information you provided, this is my interpretation of the sequence of events.

Currently, the bottom line is that the whole account is suspended. The process  and the steps are less important. The violation seems to be a website violation. But only, if you share the URL,  and  we can have a look, we will be able to be certain.