AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspension due to billing and then policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I dont know it was all working fine and then I get this email 

Dear AdWords Advertiser,

We periodically review accounts for security purposes and to verify billing information. As a result of this review, your account and any related accounts have been suspended, and your ads are no longer running on Google. If you believe your account was suspended in error, please contact us through the AdWords Help Center.

Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team

I responded to this email on the forum and then also send a E-Statement of the Credit to ensure the issue is solved and then I get this email, I still dont get it. I have emailed trying contacting but cant get through. Please help me

Dear Advertiser, Thank you for your email.

*** Please do not respond to this system-generated email. ***

While reviewing your account, we found violations of our AdWords policies in this or a related account. As a result, your account has unfortunately been suspended, and your ads will no longer run on Google.

For information on the terms associated with AdWords account use, please review our Terms and Conditions at:https://adwords.google.com/select/tsandcsfinder

If you have a prepaid balance remaining in your account, you can request a refund at any time by following the instructions at: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1703646

If you believe that you meet all of our Terms and Conditions and want to make an appeal, fill out the following form:http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/request.py?contact_type=policy_suspended

Please be aware that we can't process your request unless our Terms and Conditions are met.

We appreciate your cooperation.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Suspension due to billing and then policy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello OCI;

Please share your website URL

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Moshe for your response, our web url is www.onlinecouponisland.com. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

I am afraid that your site violates the "bridge page" clause of the user experience section (of the Policy);

• Google AdWords doesn't allow ads that promote bridge pages. A bridge page, also known as a doorway page, is a web page created for the main purpose of sending visitors to a different site

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190435&topic=1310864&ctx=topic

Your site is a coupon aggregator. Though the aim is to help customers get better deals, this type  of a landing page cannot be promoted using AdWords, (At least based on my experience). Smiley Sad

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Moshe,

I did my research on this and here it is

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190435

So we are acceptable as we reirect them to a page where final purchase is made, furthermore there are so many such websites that are doing this and you can simple make a search with a brand name followed by coupon or voucher and you will see many such examples.

Plus they did let us advertise for good two weeks before sending an initial email stating it was an issue with billing information and later the other email came that resulted in suspension. Now here is what i aint clear on

a. Are we suspended on Billing or any oher violation

b. If billing I did provide all proof plus I can set ti up with my Canadian Office too

c. If reason is somethin else I aint told about it

Above all I need to now can I re-apply, if yes when. Because I dont want to rush into it and get again suspended

Thanks a million again in advanceSmiley Happy

Really appreciated

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again;

1. The time when the site was suspended is irrelevant. It may take a while to Goggle's bots to find a particular webpage. (Based on the bot's algorithm).
  2. I understood from your initial post that the billing issue had been sorted out. However, the site is still suspended . Thus, we should look for other reasons: Those usually found in the site content.

Where do you see on the bridge page policy clause that your site is acceptable?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok this is what it states

Acceptable
Websites that lead to e-commerce platforms on another domain (for example, a shop that leads to a third-party site that purely acts as a secure server to process payments and isn't a shop itself)

Not Acceptable

Websites that feature links to other websites while providing minimal or no added functionality or unique content for the user
Added functionality includes, but isn't limited to, searching, sorting, comparing, ranking, and filtering
Unique content includes, but isn't limited to, original user reviews and ratings

Websites that consistently feature a small number of merchants or service providers when displaying user search results with no additional functionality or unique content. For instance:
A shopping comparison site driving users to only one online merchant with no additional site functionality
A travel aggregator site driving users to only one hotel chain or airline with no additional functionality

So we do stand in the acceptable section for the following reasons

a. We redirect users to an e-commerce platform where the final purchase is amde and adding value to the over all shoppin experience

b. We aint promoting only one store or reviewing particular brand

c. Other added functionaly are there

Now on the other hand please do a simple search you will see all big names such as retailmenot,savings and many more doing the same since ages.

Lastly the billing issue was never sorted out, they never confirme anything they just emailed saying billing information not verified and then same day got second email as i replied them with the CC Bill ( Our company headoffice is in Canada but CC used was from our backend office which is not in Canada)

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

In my view, your site does NOT comply with the policy.

You do NOT provide either functionality or added value to the user.

The site you are redirecting to (e.g Microsoft) does NOT serve for a "pure e-commerce payment". It is the site with the content, where the user gets all information about the products ,

In Google's view, content overrides price. The user should first get all relevant information, and only then a good deal. Your site works the other way. This is not acceptable in AdWords. (While could be legitimate and acceptable on other online advertising platforms. (But, as said, not on AdWords...)

-Moshe

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Umm Okay thanks for the help but I still am unclear as i see the same with a numerous other website, just do a trademark+ search on google and you will find many same coupon and adwords and I personally know such site that are doing so.

Anyways just last bit of help you dont think it has anything to do with billing since the suspension email did not gave any reason that;s why confirming

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Did you call customer support ( on the phone)?

What did they say?