AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspension Understanding

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

After reviewing account suspension cases in this forum, following are my inference for the account suspension.

1. Adwords account suspension is associated with the adwords policy voilations by the ads & site promoted on adwords account.

2. Adwords account is also associated with the company / individuals owing this account.

3. No individual or company can have another account till the issues related to old suspended account is fixed.

4. Once you fix the ads & site issues due to which a adwords account got suspended, same account will be reinstated.

Requesting to please suggest if this understanding of the account suspension process is correct.

Awaiting feedback and suggestions

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjay Mishra

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Suspension Understanding

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Sanjay,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

I would recommend you to check the polices that pertain to your business and your industry and then continue with the AdWords account, There are certain business models that are not allowed uprightly.

The AdWords account will be suspended when the advertising policies are violated. However, there are several advertising policies and all of them are classified into Egregious and Non-Egregious Violations.

If the AdWords account is violating the policy is egregious, then the account will be suspended ex: unclear business models,  Related accounts, information harvesting, Copyrighted content and misleading and inaccurate claims.

If the AdWords account is violating a policy which is NON-Egregious then first the ad would be disapproved, then site level suspended and then that would trigger an account level suspension. Once the account suspended, then all the sites in the account would not run and you have to fix the violation and then other sites are allowed to be advertised.

If its a site level suspension, then the other websites in the account will still run. This has to be fixed at the earliest else it may invoke an account level suspension.

Note, Mistake corrected is alright, but mistake ignored is not recommended ex: if i use a trademark term and the ad will  be disapproved and then I try an another way to use the same trademark term, this is not allowed and account will be suspended.

All the more, if you have related accounts and one of the accounts are with an egregious violation flag, then this account would also be suspended. There is nothing you can do here.

You can read more about this here.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6008942?hl=en&rd=1#res

Hope this Helps.

- Prashanth Renigutnala

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Prashant,

Thanks for the detailed information for Account Suspension process.

So if one can correct the egregious / non egregious violation flag, new ads will be approved and suspended account can be reinstated.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjay Mishra

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Sanjay Mishra,

Right, I have personally seen many websites corrected their mistakes and made changes to the sites and the accounts were re instated.

If its a very very serious violations then the account would be irrevocable one. No matter how many times you reach the support team, they will send you the same old reply.

Thanks.
Prashanth Reniguntala

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I disagree  with  this egregious / non-egregious model.

Google does not disclose when the account is immediately suspended,  vs.  a warning first  sent.  Major violations will result in immediate suspension.

Account  suspended due to landing page violation could be reinstated by fixing the landing page,

Ads which were disapproved could be fixed and resubmitted - those violations - usually do not result in account suspension.  (With the exception of ads disapproved due to a landing page violation.)

The bottom line: Google does not disclose the process behind the suspension. Make sure that your site complies.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,

Thanks for sharing the insight about account suspension.

After reviewing the adwords policy documents we have made the necessary changes to our site. We removed all the old campaigns, ads & keywords, which would have resulted in some policy violations.

We have created new landing pages, new ads and also updated new set of keywords. All our new ads and keywords got approved and have submitted details to review our account. Hope this is accepted by Google and our account is reinstated.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjay Mishra

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

note that if the suspension was related to
the business-model, product, or service,
being advertised, no amount of changing
the ad or website will likely be accepted.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI,

We definitely have a very legitimate business model, contents and services and our business models are among the biggest business group on adwords. Hope Google accepts our changes and reinstates our account and I am sure as always Google will be fair for our business too.

Thanks & Regards,
Sanjay Mishra

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Just create another AdWords account already - nobody here can help you get your account unsuspended. You are wasting keystrokes discussing it further on this forum.

You can also try advertising on Bing Ads or Facebook. Facebook offers way, way better targeting than AdWords and Bing has a much lower CPC on average (less competition).

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@orion44 ;

For those who might find  this discussion in the future, by searching  similar cases on Google.

We have helped hundreds of advertisers re-instate their accounts. However; there are business models which cannot be advertised on Google, or there are cases in which the business has to change the business model. Otherwise - it will not work.

I agree; "the ocean is big". And though Google is a major player there are other channels / avenues to promote the business.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’