AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspension Re-approval Time Frame

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adwords Community,

My name is Marc and I really need to get an idea on the length of time it takes "Google's policy/website team" to review a website/adwords account that has been suspended due to "advertising policies and terms and conditions". My account was suspended last week and I have been in contact with Adwords support twice since then regarding the issues. I have made changes to my website (www.annuitieshq.com) and landing page (I'll pass this information on when necessary) and emailed that information back to my rep who escalated it to the team for re-approval last Friday, January 25th, 2013. I realize that the simple answer might be 72 hours or 3 business days as most reviews are given that time frame but I need a more concrete answer as my business is incurring loses daily due to Adwords being shut down. I have also read that the system was having issues for Ad reviews in the last week but since my review has been manual for the most part to my knowledge I don't think that explains the issue. Please can anyone shed some light on these time frames? My next concern is that they are going to come back after reviewing the site and landing page and have other changes that will need to be made in the vague language they send us via email when non-compliant which will continue to affect my bottom line. 

Thank you in advance for your help, 

Marc  

2 Expert replyverified_user
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnnuitiesHQ
September 2015

Re: Account Suspension Re-approval Time Frame

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

It seems that you're already many steps beyond what most people experience with suspensions.  If you have legitimately found the reasons for your suspension and have corrected them, you just need to wait till they get back to you.  I have no clue what the time frame would be and honestly, personally, I wouldn't push the issue too much.  Give them some time to work through things.

If they're providing you with actual changes, feel fortunate.  Most people only get the vague violation emails and have to figure it out on their own.

Good luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom, 

Thank you very much for your prompt response. Please excuse my use of the term "vague". I consider myself very fortunate and both of the calls to Adwords support I had answered several questions and helped with the changes needed in my situation. I have also spent a large amount of time reading through the help, forums and posts by the community and highly recommend others do the same. I just wish there was a more in depth ability to provide business legitmacy to Adwords in this process when you're a start up and losing money every day when suspended. I need help ascertaining if the changes to my landing page are the right ones but I will follor your advice and be patient until I hear back from support. 

Thanks, I apprecaite your help, 

Marc

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No Problem at all.

There are a few of us who have tried many times to help out suspended advertisers but we never really know what the problem is and after investigation, many advertisers commit a fatal mistake and can never get their accounts re-instated.

Without knowing the nature of the suspension/policy violation, it's hard to tell but I took a quick look at your site and nothing immediately jumped out at me.  

Were you able to determine the reason behind the suspension?

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 16
Top Contributor

Ok;

Got it;

So, keep us posted as soon as you receive an answer from Google. (Hopefully account will be unsuspended, and there will be no need for further action);

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 24
Top Contributor

Hi Marc;

Thank you for your warm and kind words. We are delighted when our assistance, on the community,  is helpful and bring results to AdWords advertisers.

Now, you can focus, again,  on campaign performances, to grow the business.

Can I share your last post publicly on G plus (among advertisers circles)? - To raise awareness and attention how essential and important it is to read and study AdWords Policy.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

It seems that you're already many steps beyond what most people experience with suspensions.  If you have legitimately found the reasons for your suspension and have corrected them, you just need to wait till they get back to you.  I have no clue what the time frame would be and honestly, personally, I wouldn't push the issue too much.  Give them some time to work through things.

If they're providing you with actual changes, feel fortunate.  Most people only get the vague violation emails and have to figure it out on their own.

Good luck!

-Tom

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom, 

Thank you very much for your prompt response. Please excuse my use of the term "vague". I consider myself very fortunate and both of the calls to Adwords support I had answered several questions and helped with the changes needed in my situation. I have also spent a large amount of time reading through the help, forums and posts by the community and highly recommend others do the same. I just wish there was a more in depth ability to provide business legitmacy to Adwords in this process when you're a start up and losing money every day when suspended. I need help ascertaining if the changes to my landing page are the right ones but I will follor your advice and be patient until I hear back from support. 

Thanks, I apprecaite your help, 

Marc

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No Problem at all.

There are a few of us who have tried many times to help out suspended advertisers but we never really know what the problem is and after investigation, many advertisers commit a fatal mistake and can never get their accounts re-instated.

Without knowing the nature of the suspension/policy violation, it's hard to tell but I took a quick look at your site and nothing immediately jumped out at me.  

Were you able to determine the reason behind the suspension?

-Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom, 

We made a very rookie mistake by not having our company phone number and address listed on our contact page however it was listed in our Terms of Service. We have since made that change and it is listed on our contact us page at our website. We made it through the first review and have been running ads for a month now. I made some changes to a campaign that although mentions particular products it is not against policy to my knowledge at the time I made the changes. We are in the financial services industry (I have read the updates to the policies as per January 2013) as you can probably tell from reviewing our website. We have a B2B and B2C concept involved in our business and revolves around our advertising and landing pages. Here is the updated example if you don't mind taking a look (www.annuitieshq.com/annuity-rates). We have a major question about our disclaimer and use of images on the page in relation to trademark policies. We believe that would be the only remaining issue Adwords might have with our situation. We have spoken with a rep who was very helpful and has escalated our changes to the policy team for website/account review as previous stated in this thread. There is a lot of competition in our particular niche industry and I am now starting to wonder if I should look into the possibly of compliants being lodged against us by our competitors. Any insight into the potential of that situation would be helpful? 

Thank you again for taking the time to assist us, 

Marc

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello AnnuitiesHQ;

I am joining this discussion after you shared your website URL;

We had a similar case with a British site . I would suggest that you review the case:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/Site-suspension-what-changes-ar...

IMO - the site does not comply with the financial services section of the Policy:

A few examples:

• Must include physical contact information (I did not see one on the "contact form")
  • Must not guarantee loan modification or foreclosure prevention
  • Disclose associated fees

And there are more...

My view - you have a lot of work to do before Google approves the site...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello MosheTLV, 

Thank you for your post and the thread between you and Colin from the UK based company. It was extremely helpful with his examples to understand fully what we might need to do to become compliant. We share some of the same business fundamentals with the UK business as we are an introducer of financial services and do not offer financial services ourselves. We offer the ability for free to our site and landing page visitors to get information and help from a licensed financial advisor or insurance agent from their respective state in the US. Advisors who use our service follow local and state laws, and compliance governing financial services and the insurance industry as per there state licensing requirements. 

I misunderstood the Adwords Support Rep when they mentioned that our company phone number and address need to be on our "contact us" form. We added it to our Contact Us page of our website thinking that was what she meant and have now added it to our landing page and updated our disclaimer to include language on our service being free to our visitors. We have also cleaned up some other portions of the landing page and website to try and meet the financial services, information harvesting, user safety, and spam techniques policies as quoted by you in your thread with Colin from the UK. We are trying to be a proactive as possible in making these changes quickly and I would like to ask what the best practices are for requesting another review of the account/site? 

The updated URL can be found at https://www.annuitieshq.com/annuity-rates

Thank you for your assistance and any other widsom you can share with us, 

Marc

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello again Marc;

what about registration / licensing required by local  / state  or Federal laws?

What about fees?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV,

Thank you for your reply. Our business is not unique but I feel that I should explain a bit more about our service. I hope the following is helpful in answering your questions regarding the policies and potential legal issues you mention in your reply. We adhere to each one of the policies and laws you mentioned because we have a licensed advisor follow-up with the person that is interested and fills out our contact form on our landing page. We call to confirm the information the visitor inputs on the form to validate and prepare there report prior to the Advisor follow up. We explicitly say –on the site- that they will be called by an advisor. The Advisors are bound by the Local, State and Federal Laws in the United States, specifically the States in which they are licensed. Our service is free to the people that land on our page. A visitor gives us basic information that is necessary to start processing a request. There are competitors doing the same thing who have been approved with less disclosure (I can provide landing page URL examples if necessary). We want to be cutting edge and up to date with our marketing, including meeting Ad Words requirements. Our site is educational in nature; while we strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information, we are not telling people that we are in any way legal advice. Is the language listed below not substantial enough to outline our services and meet the requirements?

The Disclaimer we added to our landing page:

Information is provided by a Licensed Financial Advisor or Insurance Agent from your State. All Local and State Laws apply governing the Financial Services Industry are upheld. All of our advisors are fully licensed. Annuities HQ’s trusted network of Advisors are bound by mandatory compliance & licensing requirements from the respective States in which they do business. Advisors in our trusted network are able to offer products from most if not all of the major insurance companies in the United States (including the logo of any company you may see listed or depicted here). logo you may see depicted here, and any and all others). Annuities HQ is not affiliated with any insurance company listed here, or with any insurance company anywhere. Annuities HQ also requires a separate code of ethics & has a pre-screening process for our trusted network of Advisors. Our service is FREE to use. Annuities HQ Contact: 281-506-2977 Corporate Head Office: 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801, Toronto, ON, M5E 1W7.

Your help thus far has provided most of the answers we have spent days trying to find to become compliant since being suspended. I'm not sure we can thank you enough at this point in time and I look forward to hearing from you again. 

Regards,  

Marc

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hello again  Marc;

Please remember that I am giving my interpretation of the Policy; to bring your landing page to fully comply  with the policy. Google might see / interpret your content differently;

>>"Our service is free to the people that land on our page". - This should be clearly and noticed. (Not only as a  last line of the page)

Does the service you provide (an intermediate "referral"  ) require licensing  in ON  or in Canada?- If so; provide the licence number.

-Moshe