AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspension - Old Ad Causing Suspension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

When I was a kid (15-16yrs) old I experimented with some affiliate marketing and set up an adwords account. I ran some ads that really just acted as "gateway" type of ads to re-direct people who were incorrectly spelling their search term to a number of different sites (amazon, ebay, etc..). I stopped the business and just paused every ad in my account not long after starting.

I haven't touched adwords in probably 6-7yrs but recently tried to get in and create a new campaign for a site I am working on and my account is completely suspended! I reached out to Google to see what happened and it looks like a site that I was re-directing people to may have done something shady after I had paused the account (a year or so after I stopped advertising for them) so google shut it down (nice work!).

The problem is that now, because of url that I don't own, doing something shady almost 6yrs ago, I cannot create another google advertising campaign. I tried to reach out to the company I advertised for to get them to fix the url but they simply haven't replied. I understand the policy that is place but to me its just doesn't make sense for Google to shut down an account in this situation -so I wanted to post and see if anyone had a similar issues and/or how it can be resolved? Thanks very much in advanace for any advice or help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Suspension - Old Ad Causing Suspension

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
This is rare, but we have seen at least one case like that: suspension that still in effect after 7 years.
Let me escalate the case to Google asking them to look deeper into the case
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Account Suspension - Old Ad Causing Suspension

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello again;
Can you share the URL in question? (wHICH violated the Policy 6-7 years ago)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’