AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspension - Old Ad Causing Suspension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

When I was a kid (15-16yrs) old I experimented with some affiliate marketing and set up an adwords account. I ran some ads that really just acted as "gateway" type of ads to re-direct people who were incorrectly spelling their search term to a number of different sites (amazon, ebay, etc..). I stopped the business and just paused every ad in my account not long after starting.

I haven't touched adwords in probably 6-7yrs but recently tried to get in and create a new campaign for a site I am working on and my account is completely suspended! I reached out to Google to see what happened and it looks like a site that I was re-directing people to may have done something shady after I had paused the account (a year or so after I stopped advertising for them) so google shut it down (nice work!).

The problem is that now, because of url that I don't own, doing something shady almost 6yrs ago, I cannot create another google advertising campaign. I tried to reach out to the company I advertised for to get them to fix the url but they simply haven't replied. I understand the policy that is place but to me its just doesn't make sense for Google to shut down an account in this situation -so I wanted to post and see if anyone had a similar issues and/or how it can be resolved? Thanks very much in advanace for any advice or help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Suspension - Old Ad Causing Suspension

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
This is rare, but we have seen at least one case like that: suspension that still in effect after 7 years.
Let me escalate the case to Google asking them to look deeper into the case
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Account Suspension - Old Ad Causing Suspension

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello again;
Can you share the URL in question? (wHICH violated the Policy 6-7 years ago)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’